Internal matter!!

Guest sparky

Guest sparky

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone else is in same position or can shed some light on our situation.

As far as we are aware,our application is completed,police checks cleared,medicals cleared by LCU on 2nd June and recieved back to our CO ,we emailed CO on 2nd june who said

" I am dealing with an outstanding internal matter and hope to finalise you're visa application within 4 weeks"

It seems to me that our completed visa application is just sitting on her desk waiting for her seal of approval,while she deals with this"internal matter"

This thought does nothing for our stress levels and you can't help thinking

"is something wrong!"

Anyone else had similar conversations with their CO?

Cheers,

Lisa :? :?

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone else is in same position or can shed some light on our situation.

As far as we are aware,our application is completed,police checks cleared,medicals cleared by LCU on 2nd June and recieved back to our CO ,we emailed CO on 2nd june who said

" I am dealing with an outstanding internal matter and hope to finalise you're visa application within 4 weeks"

It seems to me that our completed visa application is just sitting on her desk waiting for her seal of approval,while she deals with this"internal matter"

This thought does nothing for our stress levels and you can't help thinking

"is something wrong!"

Anyone else had similar conversations with their CO?

Cheers,

Lisa :? :?

Hi Lisa

God knows what the "internal checks" are, but I have seen DOZENS of references to them by other people on other forums. A few weeks later, those same people start "GOT IT!!!" threads.

DIMA is the Civil Service. The whole world over, the Civil Service has a million "Procedures" for scratching its a***. THis sort of time-wasting, nit-picking, unnecessary-bums-on-unnecessary-seats nonsense is usually got up as "Service Quality Control." Somewhere, there will be a Bonus for a fat-cat several rungs further up the corporate ladder as a result.

My advice? Grin and bear it for another few weeks, because after that you will be able to forget this particular Branch of Unnecessary Red Tape for the rest of your life.

Guest sparky

Thanks Gill,

I'm sure you are right and in a way it's good to know that other people have had similar dealings,trouble is i don't know how much longer i can take my husband waking me up at 5am to check the emails!!! :evil: I am afraid the laptop may end up somewhere the sun don't shine :lol: :lol:

On a different subject i wanted to ask you about something so will send you pm,

Cheers

Lisa,x

Archived