Name change on Singapore Airlines flight

Guest Trueblue22

Guest Trueblue22

Hi :)

Has anyone had the experience of doing a name change with Singapore Airlines? I booked through an agent so they are looking into this for me but won't be able to contact Singapore Airlines until Monday. I have booked my son in my surname but he has got his father's surname on his passport....ooops! :eek:

I just wondered if anybody knew what kind of costs I'm likely to incur?

Many thanks :biggrin:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Most airlines charge a nominal fee, I know they are a budget airlines but Jet2 charged us £15 per changed item a few years ago, can't you see anything on their site?

Best of luck.

Changing the name for the same person should be straightforward enough, they chuck on an admin fee usually. Just ensure your TA has the passport in front of them so they can confirm it to the airline.

Its when you want to transfer the ticket to a different person that its not doable.

Have you read the small print on your booking info? And the Singapore website should have the info. You may be able to change it online yourself via their website. I'd have a look see.

Guest Trueblue22

Thanks guys.

Jetstar have done our domestic flight for free...yay!!!! :jiggy:

The problem with Singapore is that as I booked through an agent there are some online options that aren't available to me in the 'Manage Booking' section and name change is one of them :confused:

Guess I'll just have to wait until Monday to see what the agent has to say...fingers crossed!!

Why not give Singapore Airlines a ring - 020 8961 6993 think they should be open or if you have already enrolled in their frequent flyer programme - 020 75312041 they are definitely open 24/7.

If you havent joined Kris Flyer do it just now online - will only take a couple of minutes then you can call them

Guest Trueblue22
Why not give Singapore Airlines a ring - 020 8961 6993 think they should be open or if you have already enrolled in their frequent flyer programme - 020 75312041 they are definitely open 24/7.

If you havent joined Kris Flyer do it just now online - will only take a couple of minutes then you can call them

Just spoken with Singapore and they won't touch the booking as it was made through an agent....looks like I'll be waiting until Monday :(

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but wanted to know if you were able to change it? If not, where you still able to travel if you showed all your documentation?

Have similar problem with Lufthansa (fluying Lufthansa and Singapore airlines). In my case was just dropping one surname.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I know this is an old thread but wanted to know if you were able to change it? If not, where you still able to travel if you showed all your documentation?

Have similar problem with Lufthansa (fluying Lufthansa and Singapore airlines). In my case was just dropping one surname.

Thanks.

We had to change our surnames with Singapore Air about two months ago. They charged us $100 per person. I tried my hardest to find a way around it, but in the end we just had to pay it.

Archived