Bushfires Lockyer Valley - Brisbane - State of Emergency

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

A STATE of Emergency has been declared and residents evacuated as fire crews battle several grass fires in the Lockyer Valley, west of Brisbane.

At Minden, people have been evacuated from their homes as emergency services struggle to bring a blaze that started earlier this afternoon under control despite strong winds.

Mountain View Dr has been evacuated and police are talking to residents on Minden Post Office Rd.

Five separate blazes are burning in the area from Minden to Gatton and south to Laidley, with the State of Emergency area bounded by parts of Hermann Rd, Waldon Rd, Tallegalla Rd, the Warrego Highway and Woolshed Creek Rd.

There was an article on the news tonight about how this year could be a bad year for fires due to the warm and wet weather we have had this last year (i saw it advertised but missed it because i was at work),, its asking everyone to prepare and take precautions,,

This article i found explains alot - http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/fiery-times-likely-after-wet-years/story-e6freoof-1226359469661

Cal x

Archived