ANMAC skills assessment with Principle letter

chrisy

Hi All,

This is my first thread. So please bear with me. We were planning to migrate to Oz on 457 visa. So I did my AHPRA. I am (I hope) about to receive my principle letter. I applied for AHPRA without IELTS as I was taught in English and I am a Native speaker. And AHPRA CO has confirmed receipt of all documents needed and escalated to Supervisor. Now we just found out I am expecting ( 6 weeks- first baby).

Hence don't want to go on 457. We would better go on a PR if we could. My concern is do I need to do IELTS for skills assessment or can I apply for modified assessment with principle letter? Has anyone done that before? I did try IELTS once. But got only 6.5 in writing and 8 in everything else.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Ruby

Guest melanie79

I didn't need to do ielts with anmac as i was doing modified assessment. Modified as i already hold my aphra regarding, have a look at the other anmac threads on here as this has been covered before & you Will find more info on it. Congrats btw!!!

Hi All,

This is my first thread. So please bear with me. We were planning to migrate to Oz on 457 visa. So I did my AHPRA. I am (I hope) about to receive my principle letter. I applied for AHPRA without IELTS as I was taught in English and I am a Native speaker. And AHPRA CO has confirmed receipt of all documents needed and escalated to Supervisor. Now we just found out I am expecting ( 6 weeks- first baby).

Hence don't want to go on 457. We would better go on a PR if we could. My concern is do I need to do IELTS for skills assessment or can I apply for modified assessment with principle letter? Has anyone done that before? I did try IELTS once. But got only 6.5 in writing and 8 in everything else.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Ruby

Congratulations!! You need a pin number to do the modified ANMAC assessment. An in principle letter doesn't give you a pin number. You will need to do the academic IELTS. :biggrin:

If you are going down the GSM route as a Nurse, you will require the Academic IELTS, which is a requirement from ANMC for all internationally qulaified Nurses. Only Nurses from Australia and New Zealand are exempt.

You might need the IELTS to pass the points test anyway.

Thank you for you kind response. Let me try my luck with IELTS. :sad:

I didn't need to do ielts with anmac as i was doing modified assessment. Modified as i already hold my aphra regarding, have a look at the other anmac threads on here as this has been covered before & you Will find more info on it. Congrats btw!!!

Thank you... I tried the ANMAC but couldn't get my head around :sad:... But how did u manage without IELTS? Were you registered few years ago?? or was it recently??

Congratulations!! You need a pin number to do the modified ANMAC assessment. An in principle letter doesn't give you a pin number. You will need to do the academic IELTS. :biggrin:

Thank you for you kind response. Let me try my luck with IELTS. :sad:

Guest melanie79

yeah i didnt do ielts for anmac as have my ozzie nursing reg since 2004 so i didnt need to do it. i did have to sit the ielts (general training ielts) for points for my visa though. for anmac though it is the ACADEMIC ielts not general ielts.

Thank you... I tried the ANMAC but couldn't get my head around :sad:... But how did u manage without IELTS? Were you registered few years ago?? or was it recently??

• 1 month later...

Archived