pipe layer/ poly welder

Guest JAYYT

Guest JAYYT

Hi there, i am a 25 year old English male with 5 and a half years experience in water pipe laying in the uk. Im currently living in perth and have been looking for work for 2 months. iv got my australian poly welding tickets, drivers lic, and white card but i just dont seem to be getting any response? iv been applying for mine de watering roles and poly pipe laying roles just like what i did in the uk? starting to panic abit now about what im doing wrong and what i can do so people will give me a shot as my savings is running out! if any one can one help or give me any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Guest jak2503

hi

im a plumber over in qld, ive seen a few jobs out roma way for polywelders, they all ask for the ticket so you could look that way, short term hit all the recruitment outfits for labouring work , there is always work about labouring, at least that will stop you eating the savings up, also google the cvil pipelaying mobs in qld, loads dont advertise but want guys. good luck.

Hi there, i am a 25 year old English male with 5 and a half years experience in water pipe laying in the uk. Im currently living in perth and have been looking for work for 2 months. iv got my australian poly welding tickets, drivers lic, and white card but i just dont seem to be getting any response? iv been applying for mine de watering roles and poly pipe laying roles just like what i did in the uk? starting to panic abit now about what im doing wrong and what i can do so people will give me a shot as my savings is running out! if any one can one help or give me any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks

hi mate im a plumber in melbourne and it took me a year n a half to get into plumbing here so i presume it will be even harder for u ! like jak says u have to do otherstuff these days like labouring, and from wat ive gathered from the mines is its not what u know its who u know ! good luck mate and dont blame yourself its just the way things r these days !

Guest JAYYT
hi mate im a plumber in melbourne and it took me a year n a half to get into plumbing here so i presume it will be even harder for u ! like jak says u have to do otherstuff these days like labouring, and from wat ive gathered from the mines is its not what u know its who u know ! good luck mate and dont blame yourself its just the way things r these days !

Thanks mate, yea its deffinatly alot harder then what i thought it was going to be, i worry because the longer it takes for me to get into employment that might lead to sponsership the less time i have on my holiday working visa. but i shall keep at it, thanks again.

Guest JAYYT

yes i have tried labour force, they promissed me a poly welding job that was coming up and kept me going for weeks saying that theres a position opening but the man who has handed in his notice has not left yet, and then i rang her and she said hes decided to stay and i havent heard no more. mayb i will have to try the labouring route. thanks

Guest jak2503
yes i have tried labour force, they promissed me a poly welding job that was coming up and kept me going for weeks saying that theres a position opening but the man who has handed in his notice has not left yet, and then i rang her and she said hes decided to stay and i havent heard no more. mayb i will have to try the labouring route. thanks

isnt their a thing where you do a bit of rural work and get a extension on 1 year visa, worth a look.

isnt their a thing where you do a bit of rural work and get a extension on 1 year visa, worth a look.

yep iv done my three months, and have been granted an extra year. but time flys out here when your on count down to when you have to leave!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a coded welder and also did some poly welding a while back, it just happened to be on my cv and in trying to find a welding sponsor i had a call from recruit2oz, they had a job available for a poly welder in perth i think, i didn't want to go back to plastic welding, i'm not sure but might still be available, it was a few months ago. the contact details are Richard Moroney and his e-mail is richard@recruit2oz.com, might be worth registering with them if its not still available, they obviously take the time to look through your CV.

good luck

Guy

• 6 months later...
Guest Joe Payton

Hi mate im in the same boat as you im 27 been polly welding water mains in london just my aus poly ticket have you had much luck in finding a job? iv applyed for loads but keep getting negative responses. could you point me in the right direction

Cheers

Joe

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there, i'm not sure if you got anywhere with a job. I work just outside Perth and noticed on Gumtree.com.au under "welder" theres someone looking for poly welders for a small job, only about 3 weeks i think but would help you out a bit for now and may lead to more work, worth a try

Archived