Taking our dog...

Guest RJECSAUNDERS

Guest RJECSAUNDERS

We are still in the very early stages of applying but wondered when we should start looking into getting things sorted with regard to taking our dog with us and if anyone could give me an idea on where to start!

I have looked through a view websites of carriers mentioned here, but don't quite get when I should be doing what - How far in advance do I need to make contact with a carrier etc, and will they advise on all the paperwork and jabs she will need?

Also, do we have to actually be resident in Australia before we can start the ball rolling?

Sorry to sound so vague, but really don't know where to start!!

Any advise anyone can give would be gratefully received.

Julie (and Winnie - the nutty terrier) xx

Hi,

We are using Golden arrows they will do everything for you, they will even get your import permit if you want them to, we got our own. We contacted them and were asked Ellies measurments for her crate and they then sent us a estimate, when you except the estimate they then arrange the flight the animal will go on and arrange with the quarantine station for their stay. They also tell you when to arrange for blood tests and send the paperwork. They have been so helpful each time I have rang to ask questions. Ellie flies out 2 days before us on the 6th Feb.

Here is their phone number if you want to ring them to send you details which explains everything 01588680240.

Good luck

Christine

hi christine, did you have any trouble getting your dog in the quarintine at a late notice or did you know well in advance, were at the waiting for meds stage, so we are at the we can't do anything yet. our friends flew to perth yesterday and found out that they could not get their dog into byford, and she will have to go to the eastern state kennels not sure witch and then fly over to perth, this scares me the thought of this happening, app they have a five month waiting list, do the company's tell you when to start the ball rolling?

Hi, Our border Collie has just arrived in quarantine yesterday after using Golden Arrow Shipper and they were totally fantastic, if you ring them they will tell you what to do and when from start to finish, all we had to do was sign papers they did everything else. We got our visa granted on 23rd December last year and i rang Golden Arrow and it was only because it was xmas and new but they got sam booked on a flight on 8th January but they can do sooner but also depends on which quarantine your pet will be going as Sydneys Eastern Creek i was told is pretty good and you dont have a long waiting time. If you want to know anything else just feel free or PM me. He arrived yesterday safe and sound and in good health and i am going seeing him this morning. Cant wait :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

hi christine, did you have any trouble getting your dog in the quarintine at a late notice or did you know well in advance, were at the waiting for meds stage, so we are at the we can't do anything yet. our friends flew to perth yesterday and found out that they could not get their dog into byford, and she will have to go to the eastern state kennels not sure witch and then fly over to perth, this scares me the thought of this happening, app they have a five month waiting list, do the company's tell you when to start the ball rolling?

Hi as Lynne said it depends on which quarantine station you are using, I dont think there is a problem with eastern creek from what I have read there seems to be a waiting time at Perth. If you are thinking of using Golden arrows they are a wealth of information the best thing is to ring them and they will tell you all the waiting times.

Good luck

Christine

hi thankyou lady's the dog is my one stress i hate thought of putting him through more than he has to! its perth were of to, did your dogs travel well? and were you able to keep tabs? id really like him to go before us or at the same time at least. thanks for the reply.

Archived