Visa Question...Can anyone help?

wattsy1982

Hi All,

My wife and I are currently in the process of applying for the skilled independent visa (not sure if it has a number) as my wife is a midwife. We have recently had a new baby so dragged our heels and missed the July 1 deadline!

We have just posted off our skills assessment.

Can anyone advise how long these take to come back?

Also, has anyone submitted their EOI and heard back already?

Do these EOI's work on date submitted order or does it work on most points get selected order or is it based on the actual job required in that state?

We have been told by quite a few people that the fact my wife is a midwife the new EOI system shouldn't really affect us too much as these types of skills are still in high demand so still processed fairly quickly.

We have just sent off our skills ass and hoping to move out (Gold Coast) end of July 2013.....does this seem like a realistic time frame from now with whats left to do?

Alternatively if you can think of a different visa that might be more applicable to us please shout.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Dan

As far as I know, once the skills assessments come back you then wait to have your police and medical checks done. We received an email yesterday to say that we need to leave the country (we're here on a 457 visa) so that our PR can be granted. We lodged it in March so has happened really quickly. The longest part was getting my skills assessed (I'm a teacher) which took 3 months to come back. The police checks were turned around within a week and my husband and daughter had their medical results back within a week of having them done. Mine took longer as I'm pregnant.

Your timeframe sounds fine but this is just based on my experience - we lodged ours before the deadline but hopefully it'll just as quick for you.

Guest melanie79

hi dan,

if your wife is waiting on anmac for skills assessment then it takes 12-14 weeks. i take it she sat the academic ielts as part of the skills assessment? im not sure but check whether you need to sit the ielts too. i lodged the visa 175 just before the 1st july deadline. police checks n medicals are way down the line (when the case officer tells you) skillselect is suppose to be quicker than the old system, so your timeframe might be ok. make sure that you have calculated your points with diac and that you have enough. i think i replied to another post there of yours this evening, best of luck

mel

Thanks Mel....Ive not heard of partners having to do the IELTS also....well atleast our agent hasnt advised of this.

When you say Case Officer.....is this the agent or once EOI is submitted do you get a CO appointed by the DIAC?

To be honest our agent isn't that good at keeping us updated....hmmm

Thanks again.

Dan

Guest melanie79

hi dan,

yeah the case officer is appointed by diac. i have read on some of these threads of some partners having to do ielts, so do check with your agent. someone who is going jointly might be able to shed more light though, im a single applicant so only myself to worry about! i hope your agent gets a bit better for you!

Thanks Mel....Ive not heard of partners having to do the IELTS also....well atleast our agent hasnt advised of this.

When you say Case Officer.....is this the agent or once EOI is submitted do you get a CO appointed by the DIAC?

To be honest our agent isn't that good at keeping us updated....hmmm

Thanks again.

Dan

Archived