457 for Dentists

Guest Ida Kate

Guest Ida Kate

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a little of your experience.

My husband is a UK Dentist and we have submitted all the paper work with Australian Immigration - except the verification of my husbands qualifications which we are waiting for from AHPRA.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes to get the verification?

And how long does it take to be granted the 457 visa once the qualifications are verified ?

I would be grateful if anyone could share their experience with me. I'm very excited but tired of waiting!

IK

I am a UK dentist in the process of waiting for my 175 visa - patiently! I didn't have to use AHRPA but got my qualifications okayed through the ADC direct - probably due to the type of visa I have applied for.

Anyway, where are you headed etc etc? And if you / hubby feel like a chat with someone in the same position feel free to pm me. First time I have seen a dentist post on here so thought I'd make the effort to register and respond.

Good luck either way.

I am a UK qualified dentist and have just been granted my 457 visa and registered with AHPRA a couple months ago. Will be flying out in a week!

:jiggy:

1. AHPRA takes 3-6 weeks to register depending on how efficient the GDC are with sending forms and if APHRA do things right their end (AHPRA had copied the wrong email address from the forms I sent and so I didn't have any contact for a long time!)

2. 457 visa takes 1 month from submitting your forms to acceptance. You will need medicals after submitting your forms (your case officer will contact you). Results from medicals take 7 days then a further 2 weeks to granting the visa.

I assume you have been sponsored for your visa and have a TRN number etc.

Funk

Archived