475 Visa :Skilled Regional WA - Partner work restrictions?

Guest Wazchap

Guest Wazchap

Hi all

I have received my 475 regional state sponsored visa for WA "Skilled (Provisional) (class VF) subclass 475 (Skilled - Regional sponsored)".

My question is

1) My wife has been offered a job with the same company she works for here in the UK, in Perth city centre. I know that being on a 475 visa I have to live and work in a regional area (we have chosen Mandurah she will commute) to fulfil the criteria of the 475 visa. My question is can my wife work unrestricted in Perth city centre or is she also bound by the 475 visa conditions? I was under the impression she could work without restriction.

2) I used to work in the IT industry until 4 years ago. Can I fulfil my 475 visa working in IT or any field, or does it have to be in plumbing ie: the skill I was sponsored on?

Thanks

Warren

All visa applicants are bound by the same conditions on the visa - do you have the 8549 condition on your visa?? There must be a condition number. Everyone has individual visas that must comply with the conditions.

You can work in any field - it just need to be fulltime for 12 months.

Guest Wazchap

Thanks Lebourvellec.

I was awaiting a reply from my agent and this is what I received:

So long as least one of you both lives and works in a regional area as defined by DIAC (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/regional-growth.htm), you will meet the requirements for the next stage of the visa process, the permanent stage.

As for the type of work you undertake in Australia, there is no restriction there so long as it is full-time and in a regional area (please see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/eligibility-applicant.htm).

So from what I understand as long as one of us follows the visa criteria we then apply for permanant residency once the work and living criteria have been fulfilled. We have visa code 8539 which I believe is the code if sponsored by a state and 8549 is the code if sponsored by a relative.

Thanks

Warren

"You and any accompanying secondary applicants, must agree to live and work or study in a Specified Regional Area of Australia." http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/obligations-applicant.htm

Your partner is bound by the same condition on her visa - it will have this in your grant. Once granted your each have individual visas - therefore hers could be cancelled if she does not comply with the visa conditions, or the 887 not granted if found to have broken visa conditions of previous visa.

Guest Wazchap

Thanks Lebourvellec, you were right. I contacted DIAC as my agent was saying the opposite and DIAC confirmed as you stated that all applicants are bound by the same visa restrictions. Pity as it would have been nice for one of us to have a job right away...

• 1 year later...

Thanks Lebourvellec, you were right. I contacted DIAC as my agent was saying the opposite and DIAC confirmed as you stated that all applicants are bound by the same visa restrictions. Pity as it would have been nice for one of us to have a job right away...
Hi wazchap, My case is almost similar of that of your's.Can i sent my wife back to home country for 6 months after first entry in Western Australia (till i get a good job in regional WA and settled)? and in this scenario i live 2 years but my wife live 1 and half year at time PR application,so will i get PR in this situation????please suggest

Archived