NSW SS rejected, Victoria SS status ?

DFW

Hi,

My Background:

Not native English speaker, European, currently based in Asia.

Ielts 8, 7.5 , 7.5, 7.5 overall band 7.5

ACS results:

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

your diploma has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing."

Not really happy with that result but I guess you need to go with what you get in scaling diploma's.

We were hoping to file before the EOI system kicked in but needed state sponsorship in order to do so.

But then Our NSW SS came back negative stating you need minimum of a Bachelor's degree to file for SS under developer programmer in NSW.

So even with a positive ACS assessment stating suitable to migrate under 261312, yet NSW turned it down -?- :arghh:

This is quite a setback for us as most our friends and business contacts are in Sydney area.

Our Agent advised to apply for a different state and we now have filed SS for Victoria.

So another killer waiting game begins... argh.

Questions:

How are the chances for Victoria to approve our SS ? Won't they turn it down on the same reasons given by NSW ?

I understand all states looks at things differently and from the ACS - NSW SS rejection things seems not always much aligned,

but after NSW rejection I'm not having a good feeling about this. :no:

Anybody has a recent update on the processing times for Victoria SS (under 261312 -Developer Programmer) ?

Thanks lots for your feedback.

Back to counting days...

Thanks. I guess we'll just have to wait and hope for the best.

Anyone with similar ANZSCO code applied for Victoria SS recently ? would be nice to have a feel on their current processing times.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I received following message from Victoria today.

"

Thank you for the application for Victorian Government nomination.

We are currently experiencing a delay in processing ICT applications and are unable to provide a time frame in which the application will be finalised.

We apologise for the delay and will have a decision for you as soon as possible.

"

Seems the wait will be longer than expected...

Anyone any thoughts on what's happening ?

Cheers,

• 5 weeks later...
Guest zaqloon
Welcome to PIO.

It is difficult to know if you will be successflu for State Nomination to Vic or not.

good luck

Hi,

I have a very important question. I have got my positive assessment from ACS, but they recognized my BSc Engineering degree as AFQ Associate Degree. So, my question is am i eligible to have SS from NSW with this Associate Degree. I read somewhere that to get SS from NSW you must have a Degree...bur that writing does not indicate whether that degree must be an AFQ Degree or any Degree from outside of Australia.

Please help me. I am really confused.

Thanks.

Hi,

They will go by the AFQ Associate Degree result you got from ACS.

What ANZSCO are you applying for ?

I am not sure if they have different requirements pending ANZSCO code.

For Developer Programmer they require minimum a Bachelor degree.

To further update this tread, Our VIC SS also was negative.

Only left to go by 189 on 60 points. Seeing that more people with 60 points starting to get invites I'm still hopeful.

I already know my current job ends by mid next year, fingers crossed we get our 189 visa by then.

Will still try to re-take IELTS but scoring straight 8's is not going to be easy :(

Cheers,

Guest zaqloon
Hi,

They will go by the AFQ Associate Degree result you got from ACS.

What ANZSCO are you applying for ?

I am not sure if they have different requirements pending ANZSCO code.

For Developer Programmer they require minimum a Bachelor degree.

To further update this tread, Our VIC SS also was negative.

Only left to go by 189 on 60 points. Seeing that more people with 60 points starting to get invites I'm still hopeful.

I already know my current job ends by mid next year, fingers crossed we get our 189 visa by then.

Will still try to re-take IELTS but scoring straight 8's is not going to be easy :(

Cheers,

My ANZSCO is Analyst Programmer. Do they have different requirement with ANZSCO. Where can I get that list? I want to know with a associate degree will they nominate for SS?

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Hi,

My Background:

Not native English speaker, European, currently based in Asia.

Ielts 8, 7.5 , 7.5, 7.5 overall band 7.5

ACS results:

"Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

your diploma has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing."

Not really happy with that result but I guess you need to go with what you get in scaling diploma's.

We were hoping to file before the EOI system kicked in but needed state sponsorship in order to do so.

But then Our NSW SS came back negative stating you need minimum of a Bachelor's degree to file for SS under developer programmer in NSW.

So even with a positive ACS assessment stating suitable to migrate under 261312, yet NSW turned it down -?- :arghh:

This is quite a setback for us as most our friends and business contacts are in Sydney area.

Our Agent advised to apply for a different state and we now have filed SS for Victoria.

So another killer waiting game begins... argh.

Questions:

How are the chances for Victoria to approve our SS ? Won't they turn it down on the same reasons given by NSW ?

I understand all states looks at things differently and from the ACS - NSW SS rejection things seems not always much aligned,

but after NSW rejection I'm not having a good feeling about this. :no:

Anybody has a recent update on the processing times for Victoria SS (under 261312 -Developer Programmer) ?

Thanks lots for your feedback.

Back to counting days...

My wife was turned down by NSW for the same reason as you, but we applied to ACT and got a positive outcome. Your skill is classed as limited availability might be worth giving them a try as ACT is in NSW!!!

Hi Sully7669,

Thanks for the advice. we might reconsider that option.

ACT requires a demonstrated commitment to living and working in Canberra.

Yet ACT website does not state for how long you are required to stay in Canberra. Is it also a 2 year commitment ?

Trouble is we won't know anybody in Canberra. We have friends living In Sydney / Melbourne and Perth ( yet no SS available in Perth for my occupation).

It will make starting out new and networking / job searching a lot easier.

Hence we've been reluctant to file for ACT as we'll be pretty much on our own there. (We = family with 2 year old kid)

We are now thinking we might be better off waiting for invite on our lodged 189 visa, as we'll have more freedom to move between states if that brings better job opportunities. It seems we actually have a good chance to get an invite giving the number of invites on 60 points that came out of the last invite round.

Cheers,

Hi Sully7669,

Thanks for the advice. we might reconsider that option.

ACT requires a demonstrated commitment to living and working in Canberra.

Yet ACT website does not state for how long you are required to stay in Canberra. Is it also a 2 year commitment ?

Trouble is we won't know anybody in Canberra. We have friends living In Sydney / Melbourne and Perth ( yet no SS available in Perth for my occupation).

It will make starting out new and networking / job searching a lot easier.

Hence we've been reluctant to file for ACT as we'll be pretty much on our own there. (We = family with 2 year old kid)

We are now thinking we might be better off waiting for invite on our lodged 189 visa, as we'll have more freedom to move between states if that brings better job opportunities. It seems we actually have a good chance to get an invite giving the number of invites on 60 points that came out of the last invite round.

Cheers,

I have family all over OZ and my closest family will be a 2 hr drive and we are bringing a 5 year old and are going to have to rely on childcare after school as we will lose our family helping out but we will relish the challenge. We will honour our 2 year commitment and we have now thought that it is fate that we will be going to Canberra!!

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I received following message from Victoria today.

"

Thank you for the application for Victorian Government nomination.

We are currently experiencing a delay in processing ICT applications and are unable to provide a time frame in which the application will be finalised.

We apologise for the delay and will have a decision for you as soon as possible.

"

Seems the wait will be longer than expected...

Anyone any thoughts on what's happening ?

Cheers,

Wondering if ur still waiting or got a response from Vic SS ?

Hi,

Our Vis SS wasn't successful, we decided not to apply for ACT.

Then we managed to go trough on our 189 visa without State Sponsorship.

We did our medicals about a week ago, almost there now...

Cheers,

Hi,

Our Vis SS wasn't successful, we decided not to apply for ACT.

Then we managed to go trough on our 189 visa without State Sponsorship.

We did our medicals about a week ago, almost there now...

Cheers,

That's lucky of you .. you had your occupation in 189 as well .. where as in my case my occupation is not available in 189 but is in 190 .. So no other options for me.. I'm still waiting for my VIC SS result !

Worried and Tensed !

Yeah, I guess we all can relate to how hard the waiting game can be... but as long as you had no reply, you have to be positive.

The quota's for this year might be (almost) met for most occupations by now. But I understand by June/ July time frame they will announce the 2013-2014 quota's ?

As you have skills in the Software line of work, chances are your category will be on the list for 189 application 2nd half of this year ?

Good luck on the Vic SS.

Cheers,

Yeah, I guess we all can relate to how hard the waiting game can be... but as long as you had no reply, you have to be positive.

The quota's for this year might be (almost) met for most occupations by now. But I understand by June/ July time frame they will announce the 2013-2014 quota's ?

As you have skills in the Software line of work, chances are your category will be on the list for 189 application 2nd half of this year ?

Good luck on the Vic SS.

Cheers,

The hardest part is just waiting .. My expectations were never too high .. But this waiting is just killing me .. Been waiting for this day since last 3 years..I havn't got any emails from them yet.. so still fingers crossed ! All i can say is thanks buddy !!

Regards

Ishaan

Hi Ishaan,

I am also in the same situation.. Applied for Vic SS under 261314 on Nov24th and still waiting for SS.. Iam very tensed as it has been almost 13 weeks now.. And also worried about the occupation ceiling.. Pls keep posting your status

Hey there !! Have u got your Skills assessed ? How many years of wok ex do u have ? How many points are you making ? I don't know if 'Glad' is the right word to use, But I am glad to see someone with me .. No offence, but just a expression of relief as i didnt find anyone here with the same situation.. As far as the occupation ceiling is concerned, I dont think they have reached it coz it still shows 'GREEN' in the liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au website.. So im positive about the ceiling .. Have u emailed them or called them regarding the status of your application ? My agent has already sent them an email last monday but got no reply.. Guess they are almost there processing the 3rd week of November now !! We both will get some good news soon Mate !!

Cheers and keep on updating :)

Hey there !! Have u got your Skills assessed ? How many years of wok ex do u have ? How many points are you making ? I don't know if 'Glad' is the right word to use, But I am glad to see someone with me .. No offence, but just a expression of relief as i didnt find anyone here with the same situation.. As far as the occupation ceiling is concerned, I dont think they have reached it coz it still shows 'GREEN' in the liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au website.. So im positive about the ceiling .. Have u emailed them or called them regarding the status of your application ? My agent has already sent them an email last monday but got no reply.. Guess they are almost there processing the 3rd week of November now !! We both will get some good news soon Mate !!

Cheers and keep on updating :)

Finally after 3 whole months of waiting I got my Vic SS today. I am extremely delighted and bumped:twitcy: Please find my timelines below -

IELTS - L7.5,R7,S8,W7.5 cleared on Nov13th

ACS Skill Assessment - +ve response on 15th Nov - Software Tester 261314

EOI on Skillselect - 23rd Nov - Points 60 (including SS it shd be 65)

Vic SS Applied- 24th Nov

Vic ACk received - 26 Nov

Waiting - 3 months :yes:

VIC SS successful - 25Feb (exactly after 3 months)

Now waiting for the invite from Skillselect.

I had 3 years and 1 month experience when I did my ACS SA. I didnt not mail or called Vic was just waiting patiently praying praying praying..

Finally here it is. Iam sure you should have also received nomination by now. Wishing you all the best.

Please do post your status.

Finally after 3 whole months of waiting I got my Vic SS today. I am extremely delighted and bumped:twitcy: Please find my timelines below -

IELTS - L7.5,R7,S8,W7.5 cleared on Nov13th

ACS Skill Assessment - +ve response on 15th Nov - Software Tester 261314

EOI on Skillselect - 23rd Nov - Points 60 (including SS it shd be 65)

Vic SS Applied- 24th Nov

Vic ACk received - 26 Nov

Waiting - 3 months :yes:

VIC SS successful - 25Feb (exactly after 3 months)

Now waiting for the invite from Skillselect.

I had 3 years and 1 month experience when I did my ACS SA. I didnt not mail or called Vic was just waiting patiently praying praying praying..

Finally here it is. Iam sure you should have also received nomination by now. Wishing you all the best.

Please do post your status.

Hey There, would like to congratulate you on getting a Positive Result from Victorian Govt. Whereas my case, they have rejected my application saying - that they have already received a large number of applications with High Caliber whereas I was only meeting the minimum criteria !! Dont know what they are upto ..

Probably i will file for the ACT Sponsorship now !! I'm blank !

Regards

Ishaan

Hey There, would like to congratulate you on getting a Positive Result from Victorian Govt. Whereas my case, they have rejected my application saying - that they have already received a large number of applications with High Caliber whereas I was only meeting the minimum criteria !! Dont know what they are upto ..

Probably i will file for the ACT Sponsorship now !! I'm blank !

Regards

Ishaan

Sorry to hear that Ishaaan. Anyways keep determined. its not the end. Wishing you all the best.

Sorry to hear that Ishaaan. Anyways keep determined. its not the end. Wishing you all the best.

Hey there, Thanks a lot for the motivation !! This is really not the end of the road ! But im really happy for you that you go thru .. I sensed your nervousness over the last few posts !! Whats your exact location Mate ?? Are you from India too ? Like to hear from you soon :)

Cheers ! Keep on posted about your progress :)

Hey there, Thanks a lot for the motivation !! This is really not the end of the road ! But im really happy for you that you go thru .. I sensed your nervousness over the last few posts !! Whats your exact location Mate ?? Are you from India too ? Like to hear from you soon :)

Cheers ! Keep on posted about your progress :)

I am from Cochin(Kerala) currently in Pune, working for a MNC here as tester. Have they told you any reason for the rejection? I have been goin through some other forums as well and what I can understand is, Vic is rejecting those candidates who have not done their bachelors in computers and applied under 261314. Is this the same in your case?

and wat is your agent suggesting you to do?

Archived