Shipped my passport! Advice needed!

marieh

Hello

Shipped all my belongings on 19th of July including my passport, grrrrr! Very annoyed! I sent for a new passport the same day as I leave on 30th Aug.

My new passport hasn't arrived yet and if it hasn't by monday I will be driving to get it.

My question is how does this effect my 457 visa? Do I have to send documents away to get it matched up with my new passport? I'm worried how long this may all take - It's only 3 weeks until I go and to say i'm panicing a little would be a complete understatement!!!!!

Help!

once you get your passport, you need to contact DIAC/Australia house. They need to sight the new passport, so email/fax, or certified paper copy, along with form 929 (or turn up in person if you live close).

They will then associate the visa with the new passport details and you'll be fine to travel.

Guest Melbourne4Us

Hi, we had to change our visa details for our daughters passport as it had expired, so once we had the new visa we contacted DIAC and took the visa grant along with her new passport to Australia House and it was updated in a few minutes with the new visa.

Archived