AQF III Can he take it here?

EvieL8

Hiya

These questions have probably already been asked a million times before but here goes ....

Does the AQF III need to be taken in Australia for it to be recognised by the TRA? We have been looking into a floor finsher qualification (RPL) based in the UK for my Husband (since my skills assessment came back unsuccessful :arghh: ) and we really don't want to spend £2k if it isn't going to help with our application. The company is called Australian Skills Assessments ... any views?

Also, can he claim points for this qualification? From what we can see it would count as a trade qualification worth 10 points, is this correct?

Any info would be very much appreciated!

Eve

Hi Eve,

The AQF can be taken from the UK in Oz via recognition of prior learning (RPL). I don't know or any place in the UK which does it or if this would be OK for TRA but I guessing it should be if is exactly the same as what they do for the AQF in Oz.

OH did his AQF via RPL, just really a lot of paper work, job decriptions, photos etc but not too bad, he got through TRA with no issues when alot of others were not and we never used an agent. The only issue is that you are meant to have the work experince after AQF, this did not apply to OH as the is no UK quailifcation however, if there is a quailifcation for floor finisher in the UK and your husband has it then could just apply to TRA. If there is a qualification and your husband has not got it the TRA may not allow the work experince prior to AQF.

Hope that makes sense, have a look at http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/139626-anyone-had-skills-assessed-tra-since-oct-2011-a.html later on in thread lots of people with AQF and TRA issues.

Don't know anything abour ASA as we never used them and i think (but you may need to re read DICA rules as again this did not applu to us) that once TRA have grant a skills accessment you get 10 points, but again look into work experince and when you get quailication.

If you need any more help give me a shout.

Tina

Archived