SS SA reject

vinodreddyyalla

Hi All,

My SS application to SA for software engineer has been rejected today saying ceilings have been reached. :embarrassed:

I have no idea how could it breach the limit in the very first month of the year:confused:

The status read as

Reason for Refusal: Due to the large number of applications received for this occupation, the planning level for this Program Year - 2012/2013, has been met and hence this application is refused. The occupation is now listed as "Special Conditions Applies". Information on the "Special Conditions Apply" criteria can be viewed here: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/176 The applicant does not meet the "Special Conditions Applies" criteria listed in Point 6 on the Immigration SA website -: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104 Also See Point 4.- Planning Levels. There is no re-visit on this application. As Immigration SA will not be nominating you through SkillSelect, you may wish to edit your Expression of Interest. Should you require migration advice, you may wish to use the services of a registered Migration Agent, who may be able to advise on alternative migration pathways.

Guest CrowsAdl

Hey There

I knew some guys who have recieved the sa ss and they submitted their application around first week of Jul. Frankely speaking, you applied a bit late and there are many applicants for SE:)

Guest abhishek
Hi All,

My SS application to SA for software engineer has been rejected today saying ceilings have been reached. :embarrassed:

I have no idea how could it breach the limit in the very first month of the year:confused:

The status read as

Reason for Refusal: Due to the large number of applications received for this occupation, the planning level for this Program Year - 2012/2013, has been met and hence this application is refused. The occupation is now listed as "Special Conditions Applies". Information on the "Special Conditions Apply" criteria can be viewed here: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/176 The applicant does not meet the "Special Conditions Applies" criteria listed in Point 6 on the Immigration SA website -: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104 Also See Point 4.- Planning Levels. There is no re-visit on this application. As Immigration SA will not be nominating you through SkillSelect, you may wish to edit your Expression of Interest. Should you require migration advice, you may wish to use the services of a registered Migration Agent, who may be able to advise on alternative migration pathways.

Really sad to hear that. Can you exactly tell when did you applied your SA SS, was it after >17th July (when new online application system came)?

Also do you have IELTS 6.5 or higher in each band?

Really sad to hear that. Can you exactly tell when did you applied your SA SS, was it after >17th July (when new online application system came)?

Also do you have IELTS 6.5 or higher in each band?

Hey Abhishek,

I have applied online o 06-July, however documents were sent on 17th July 2012. Yes, i do have more than 6.5 i IELTS.

Guest abhishek
Hey Abhishek,

I have applied online o 06-July, however documents were sent on 17th July 2012. Yes, i do have more than 6.5 i IELTS.

Ohh Now I understood the scenario, you application :

Online Application Completed & Submitted : 06 Jul 2012

Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office : 17 Jul 2012

Now you are unluckiest one who has applied earlier but due to mad rush to get SA SS, the invitation for 261313 (Software Engineer) got exhausted.

One thing in which you are late is sending documents, if you have sent your docs within 2 days of sending online application (say by 08th July) you would have good chance of getting invite.

If you have IELTS score of 7.0 in each band than u can apply for other states like VIC or NSW? where jobs are more!

Ohh Now I understood the scenario, you application :

Online Application Completed & Submitted : 06 Jul 2012

Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office : 17 Jul 2012

Now you are unluckiest one who has applied earlier but due to mad rush to get SA SS, the invitation for 261313 (Software Engineer) got exhausted.

One thing in which you are late is sending documents, if you have sent your docs within 2 days of sending online application (say by 08th July) you would have good chance of getting invite.If you have IELTS score of 7.0 in each band than u can apply for other states like VIC or NSW? where jobs are more!

Ya i guess you are correct. This actually gave me an indication of how many people are applying in SE category. Since I am already in OZ on 457 , I may drop out from applying from PR:unsure:

Anyway good luck with your application. Whatever happens is for our good:cool:

Archived