Butchers, Gold Coast, Game, Sausages, etc!

Polkey

Hi All, I would like to find a butcher on the Gold Coast that sells game meat, venison, boar, etc and also one that might produce sausages more akin to the ones back home! Any suggestions would be great. Im down in Currumbin but willing to travel as far as is necessary.

Cheers.

Hi All, I would like to find a butcher on the Gold Coast that sells game meat, venison, boar, etc and also one that might produce sausages more akin to the ones back home! Any suggestions would be great. Im down in Currumbin but willing to travel as far as is necessary.

Cheers.

Wensleys are a Gold Coast based business that make English sausages, pork pies, sausage rolls, Cornish Pasties and Eccles Cakes. The owner originally worked in the famous pork pie shop in Melton Mowbray. The sausages they make are the real McCoy. However, they only sell through other outlets such as delicatessans and at a couple of Farmers Markets. If you google Wensleys their website tells you who stocks their products. I know they have Gold Coast outlets but I'm not sure where.

As for venison, you can get venison sausages from the butchers in Dayborough (northside of Brisbane). They may also stock venison as there is a deer farm not far from Dayborough. Worth googling them and giving them a call before making the trip but if you do pop up then you can make a day of it and enjoy the lovely scenery up this way!

A tad further but right on the highway is Syds Butchers,, its a scottish /pommy butchers x shop and sells pretty much everything including English sausage and square scotch sausage.. They do hot pork pies, peas and gravy etc at lunchtimes so always good to coincide a visit when your hungry,lol

Cal x

Just googled Wensleys and saw that they do the Currumbin/Palm Beach markets every 2nd and 4th Saturday in the month so that may be your sausage problem solved on your doorstep....

Thats amazing, thank you so much!

A tad further but right on the highway is Syds Butchers,, its a scottish /pommy butchers x shop and sells pretty much everything including English sausage and square scotch sausage.. They do hot pork pies, peas and gravy etc at lunchtimes so always good to coincide a visit when your hungry,lol

Cal x

Hi Cal, where about on the Highway?

Guest GeorgeD

Superbutcher at Yatala had some venison last week. First time I've been in, don't know if they always have it. Haven't tried it. We really enjoyed their Porterhouse steak and BBQ sausages though.

Archived