Questions...

pob

So I have a dog. He is a Poodle X.

He weighs 33kg

he is 87cm tall,23cm wide and 100cm long

How much would it cost to get him to Australia?

Also what are the other charges that may apply?

How much does quarentine cost?

What injections does he need and when?

Any information you have would be most appreciative as we do not know what we have to do to ship our pet.

Dear Pob

Basically the thing to do is to decide when you are going and your dog needs a rabies vaccination and then rabies blood sample between 5-12 months of the flight. If you are going soon then you need to get teh rabies vaccination done very soon.

If you can let me know:

your email address

where you are based in Uk

your dog's name

where in Australia you are going to

and i can send you a quote.

Thanks

Bob

Dear Pob

Basically the thing to do is to decide when you are going and your dog needs a rabies vaccination and then rabies blood sample between 5-12 months of the flight. If you are going soon then you need to get teh rabies vaccination done very soon.

If you can let me know:

your email address

where you are based in Uk

your dog's name

where in Australia you are going to

and i can send you a quote.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm going soon (flying 6th October), can you please let me know more about the rabies vaccination timescales - do you mean a rabies blood sample 5-12 months prior to the flight, as that would mean her staying behind a few months :(

Thanks,

Ange

Dear Ange

I am afraid you are right, your dog will have to stay behind for a bit or travel sooner but then will have to spend extra time in quarantine. Best solution is if a friend/relative will look after her for a bit in UK, next best is for someone (a kennels or us) can kennel her in UK, third option is to fly her early and she can do extra time in quarantine.

The first option is the best for your dog and cheapest, the third option is least good and most expensive the middle option is between the two.

Key thing is go to the vets NOW and get her a microchip and rabies vaccination - no chip needed if she is already chipped!

Bob