Visa Advice - Systems Administrator

feedthegoat44

Afternoon all,

Its my first post on here so please go easy on me :wink:.

My girlfriend has family in Queensland on the Sunshine Coast and we are looking at making the big move.

We have been in touch with an agency for a number of months and its seems I will be able to qualify for either visa 189 or 190 as I am rated a Systems Administrator.

Today I received my positive skills assessment from the ACS , giving me a rough point estimate of 55.

It seems there are now a couple of routes I can take:-

1. Apply for my EOI and start to pursue State Sponsorship living in SA or ACT. The only downside is that my family live in Queensland so I would prefer to live in the same state as them, not SA or ACT.
  2. Apply for the IELTs test which on passing would give me over 60 credits to then apply for a 189 visa, leaving me free from state sponsorship and able to live in Queensland.

I suppose the main question is, if I take state sponsorship in say ACT, would I have any legal obligation to live there and how long would it last for?

The agency I am using have been very helpful, but because of the time difference it inst always easy to get quick, straight forward answers.

Any help would be really appreciated.

FTG44

xxxx

Welcome to PIO

You have a moral obligation to live and work in the State that has sponsored you for 2 years.

You you can do your IELTS and lodge EOI and hope to get picked and you will be able to live anywhere in Australia, with 189.

Or lodge EOI now - and then apply for State Nomination - if approved you will get invited straight away.

Maybe you should do your IELTS to keep your options open.

Archived