119 visa to the 457 and back to pr

Hi all,

My new employer to be nominated me for a 119 visa and had it approved pre 1-7-12 deadline however my application did not go in in time. So after speaking to him Sunday he suggested we go down the 457 route as he wants me out asap.

1st question can he nominate me for the 457 or does he have to be approved to nominate me?

2nd question, if so how long does it take for him to be aproved to nominate me and have it approved?

3rd question how soon can i apply for pr after having the 457 accepted?

I was offered the job and accepted it on may 10 this year and still no further on.

Thanks

Guest myaccessaustralia

Hi,

1) your employer will need standard business sponsorship

2) once the SBS application is lodged, should take the Department around 2-4 weeks to process. But the process to assess your employer's eligibility for SBS, and prepare this application can take awhile depending on your employer

3) depends on which pathway you want, and whether your employer sponsors you for PR. You can apply immediately if you are eligible (probably need to complete a skills assessment), or wait until you have completed 2 years of employment with your sponsors - look up 186 and 187 visas

Thank you for the reply.

My employer has already sponsored me on the 119 pr visa. i would prefer to go down the road of pr save me doing it again in a few years time. T.he problem is that the new boss wants me out asap and we have been told the 186-187 visa's can take 6 month's.

Thanks again

Daren

Thank you for the reply.

My employer has already sponsored me on the 119 pr visa. i would prefer to go down the road of pr save me doing it again in a few years time. T.he problem is that the new boss wants me out asap and we have been told the 186-187 visa's can take 6 month's.

Thanks again

Daren

Not sure what you mean, if employer has already sponsored you on 119, then you have a visa so what is it you are trying to do?

:confused:

Putting my confusion over what you mean to one side, I would personally pursue the 119 not the 457 if I were you, put your interests first not the employers.

What stage are you at with the 119? Has the nomination been approved?

You can actually do both - get the 119 in motion and apply for a 457 in the meantime. The 457 will mean you can get out here faster and then wait for the 119 to be granted - but you will need to leave the country for it to be granted.

What stage are you at with the 119? Has the nomination been approved?

You can actually do both - get the 119 in motion and apply for a 457 in the meantime. The 457 will mean you can get out here faster and then wait for the 119 to be granted - but you will need to leave the country for it to be granted.

This is a good option ... so long as employer is on board and is prepared to do two applications. Once they have you and a 457, then they have less incentive to proceed with the 119.

This is a good option ... so long as employer is on board and is prepared to do two applications. Once they have you and a 457, then they have less incentive to proceed with the 119.

If the 119 is already underway, it shouldn't be an issue. If not, its worth getting the prospect of PR put into the contract.

If the 119 is already underway, it shouldn't be an issue. If not, its worth getting the prospect of PR put into the contract.

Hi sorry for the confusion,

Yes my new employer has only nominated me so far and it has been and it has been approved. I have not yet started my visa application which i have posted out to the Ma which they should receive any day now. Still not sure if my nomination is any good now after the changes at the end of june

Thanks for the replies

Daren

Archived