Eastern shore or over the water

Guest matthemason

Guest matthemason

So I've been Tas for about a 5weeks now and I've seen that there seems to be a little bit of a split in hobart I've settled in Howrah (Harah)?? And really like it but some people say its not the best place to live I'm I missing something or just getting more sun.

If you like it, then it's the best place for you!

There isn't any "best" place: different places suit different people.

It's reasonably close to town, has great views, access to beaches, schools and shopping.

IMHO there are a lot worse places to live around Hobart.

PS: am interested in any negatives which people have given you about the place. I can't really think of any, apart from crossing the bridge into town at peak hour.

Howrah was on our very short list. Some of the houses are fantastic and the views are obviously spectacular. What tipped it in favour of the Western shore for us was the amount of cafes, bars, restaurants, shops etc within easy (walking) distance. That's not quite the case in Howrah although there are some of these of course! Certainly you seem to get more sun over there though!

I have found a (I think tongue in cheek) divide between Eastern and Western shores though with each saying that the other is rubbish. In my opinion it's all awesome! :)

I have found a (I think tongue in cheek) divide between Eastern and Western shores though with each saying that the other is rubbish. In my opinion it's all awesome! :)

Yes...definitely tongue in cheek. Those Eastern shoreites like to claim the temperature is degrees warmer over there.

But when I looked closely at the temperatures on the Bureau of Meteorology website it was all a myth. :biggrin:

Archived