How is Work Experience Calculated

Kimorjack

Hi all,

A bit confused on this - hoping someone has the answer...

Been self employed IT contractor for over 15 years.

Took ages to get the ACS documentation together.

As a contractor I've been able to submit the following info to ACS:

Agency Reference Stating Position and Dates for each job

Could only get some Company References stating type of role I completed - as most companies were not able to provide this to me.

ACS have stated in the Result Letter that Im suitable for the ANZSCO code I wanted. In total they've given me 2.4 years experience out of the last 10 years, this is because the other companies have not given me a detailed reference, as its against company policy.

For my Visa I need the maximum points available for over 8 years experience.

How do DIAC calculate this? Do I provide the references I have from the Agency's to prove I have over 8 years experience (along with supporting Financial information from Accountants, Contracts etc) - or do DIAC want 8 years "proven" experience in the eye's of the ACS?

In the last 10 years, I've worked for one company for 5.5 years, and the other 2.5 years - and its their company policy only to give Dates in the reference - I have tried contacting previous colleagues - but they are scared of getting involved (not wanting to go against company policy). The remaining 2 years are covered with a Company Reference.

So in Summary - ACS have given me the ANZSCO code I need. But not given me the relevant number of years work experience I have (Not assessable due to insufficient documentation).

Will DIAC use this information - or will they take the references I can supply saying Ive worked in Company A, B, C D etc for X amount of years?

Hope this makes sense...at the moment - feel like this is a huge blocker...especially If I cannot get references.

thanks

Hopefully someone with a similar background will reply to you soon but I can confirm when my husbands skills assessment was submitted to DIAC they took the years experience quoted in the letter. We actually had an error on ours so DIAC contacted our assessing authority to clarify so I would say they will go with the 2.4 years quoted. If no one on here has been in a similar situation I would suggest talking to an agent as there must be a way of proving what you have done, it is just knowing what is accepted and what is not. Sorry I can't be more help, good luck.

Hopefully someone with a similar background will reply to you soon but I can confirm when my husbands skills assessment was submitted to DIAC they took the years experience quoted in the letter. We actually had an error on ours so DIAC contacted our assessing authority to clarify so I would say they will go with the 2.4 years quoted. If no one on here has been in a similar situation I would suggest talking to an agent as there must be a way of proving what you have done, it is just knowing what is accepted and what is not. Sorry I can't be more help, good luck.

thanks Lara24 - good information - hopefully someone else who went through a similar situation can also comment.

Guest sskl2003
thanks Lara24 - good information - hopefully someone else who went through a similar situation can also comment.

I have read some where on the ACS website that if Company doesn't provide the work profile/Exp, you can have statement from your colleague.

hi

im quoting reply e mail which i received from DIAC(Europe Service Centre) for very similar question which i wrote to

In relation to your query, please note that you can only claim points from

>the moment you have been recognized as qualified by your skills assessment

Hope this will help you

Archived