house prices not really risen in the last year?

stacybird123

i went to australia last year and from what ive noticed on sites like domain and realestate is that prices have not gone up in that time (thank god)..................i really thought they would but i know the australians i spoke to at the time hoped they would stall abit in hope they could get on the market...............also the interest rates are higher then here..............the one thing that really has not helped my wealth though this year is the fact the aus dollar is like $2.25 at the mo and nearing all time lows........bad news for us who want to get to oz.

whats peoples opinions on interest rates, house prices in mandurah (perth) and runaway bay(queensland), and the aus dollar all for this coming year???

jason

Guest The Baggo's

We are on Gold Coast and since our reckie last March think the prices has shot up! Depends on what area you are looking at but anywhere waterfront / near beach is mega bucks!

we are 45min inland from the gold coast and too have noticed property has jumped up in the last year,thank god we bought when we did.i think on average a standard 4 bed seems to be up by approx 50,000 since this time last year.The rate is absolutely rubbish ,i have been watching it closely for a while and hasnt changed much since just before xmas,,ill be hanging on abit longer to bring my bit over but i really feel for you guys who have large amounts to bring,the prospect of the dollar to gbp varys depending on who you speak too,i guess the only way to really tell is sit tight and wait,,good luck with everything

Cal x

Archived