agent asking for final payment??

bennyblueboy

Hey pommies, just wanted a bit of advice........our migration agent is asking for the final payment of his fee even tho he has'nt lodged an EOI or subbmitted our final application yet, is this normal?? have got my ielts and a positive skills assessment which was all my doing anyway so not sure what im paying him for yet !! think im in the wrong career......... should have been a migration agent ..........eeeeeeeeeasy money! :happy_face_outlaw_s

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Are you using a really good reputable agent? If you are you should be ok. Hopefully someone will give you a definitive answer, best of luck.

Are you using a really good reputable agent? If you are you should be ok. Hopefully someone will give you a definitive answer, best of luck.

cheers hoff,yeah to be fair he came on recomendation and has been on the ball with making sure we got all the right info up till now,but just thought it was a bit strange sending the final invoice when he still has work to do for us yet. but on the plus side i suppose its another bill paid!

Guest Longtime Lurker

When DD applied it was obviously pre EOI; we paid in stages with the final one at draft application stage. Did you not get something in writing to say when payments would be made? Have a look at your contract; it could be they are now considering the EOI as equivalent to the application. If it is a MARA registered agent you should be fine.

depends on what you agreed on when you entered the contract, with us is was set out as 5 easy payments of £350, the last one being when our application was lodged and all docs uploaded etc, what terms are you on??

When DD applied it was obviously pre EOI; we paid in stages with the final one at draft application stage. Did you not get something in writing to say when payments would be made? Have a look at your contract; it could be they are now considering the EOI as equivalent to the application. If it is a MARA registered agent you should be fine.

Hey lurker,yeah he is a MARA registered agent,ill have to dig the contract out.......it sounds like that is the norm then.He only lives about 20 mins from me and ive been to his house so i think we should be okay. we are still a bit cautious with paying money out as we ripped of before we went with this company by "GLOBAL VISAS" who took £700 out of our account without our consent!!

depends on what you agreed on when you entered the contract, with us is was set out as 5 easy payments of £350, the last one being when our application was lodged and all docs uploaded etc, what terms are you on??

We paid £180 to begin with to start the ball rolling ,then £900 just before we submitted paper work to vetasses, and now there is a final payment 0f £900 to pay before he lodges an EOI or submits final application.

We paid £180 to begin with to start the ball rolling ,then £900 just before we submitted paper work to vetasses, and now there is a final payment 0f £900 to pay before he lodges an EOI or submits final application.
how long do you think it could be before your EOI gets looked at? may be this is why he asked now as he may feel you could be waiting for a while? what are the guide lines on the new EOI?

how long do you think it could be before your EOI gets looked at? may be this is why he asked now as he may feel you could be waiting for a while? what are the guide lines on the new EOI?

He said things should move quite quick now,as we are lodging for SS with W.A after we have lodged an EOI next week we will be invited to apply when the next lot of invites go out on he 1st of september,we was hoping to get in on the august invites but think we will just miss that one.

Guest trasi
I think the stress levels have been on a par if not more than watching my beloved chelsea play!

:cry:

Theres your problem straightaway....... change your football team :laugh:

Theres your problem straightaway....... change your football team :laugh:

TRASI, thats not an option mate ive got blue blood running through my vains!! carefree up the blues! #CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE! whats it like being the second best team in manchester?:wink:

Guest Longtime Lurker
Hey lurker,yeah he is a MARA registered agent,ill have to dig the contract out.......it sounds like that is the norm then.He only lives about 20 mins from me and ive been to his house so i think we should be okay. we are still a bit cautious with paying money out as we ripped of before we went with this company by "GLOBAL VISAS" who took £700 out of our account without our consent!!

Definitely check out the contract before you part with more money.

There is nothing that unusual about paying up front, that is when the agent does his work. Some people arrange to pay in installments and it might be more spread out than your arrangement, but still that does not mean there is something wrong with your agent.

TRASI, thats not an option mate ive got blue blood running through my vains!! carefree up the blues! #CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE! whats it like being the second best team in manchester?:wink:

Ouch!

Archived