icu job information

Hey everyone, Am hoping someone can help me. Iam currently working in ICU in the UK, and I want to continue working in this area, but Ive been told by someone who works in Melbourne that you need to have an ICU course to work in ICU in oz, is this true????? I come over in March nxt year I dont think I will have enough time to get on the course!!! help!!!

Guest trasi

i recently met up and spent time with the ICU /CCU manager in Perth (Joondalup hospital). She was fab. She said all they want / require is experience in working in these fields. Not bothered about ICU course (though of course it would help), but she said you basically get re-trained out there anyway.

It was not an issue at all.......they just wanted the experience of working in this field.

Maybe go to perth :wink:

Hey everyone, Am hoping someone can help me. Iam currently working in ICU in the UK, and I want to continue working in this area, but Ive been told by someone who works in Melbourne that you need to have an ICU course to work in ICU in oz, is this true????? I come over in March nxt year I dont think I will have enough time to get on the course!!! help!!!

Hi most of the ICU nursing jobs for Mebourne and Sydney have mentioned for ICU certification in their advertisement. So they may consider if you have skills and they have urgent requirment. My wife has been offered job by Sydney public hospital in ICU however she is Band 6 nurse working for Trauma centre in London and has done 5 modules towards gaining BSc in critical care nursing including mentorship course and working in the field for more than 6 years.

....mansawant

Archived