Me the wife and 3 noisy kids

Guest LeeVic

Guest LeeVic

Want to move to Tassie but looking at the job market at the minute it's not looking to good. Fed up here in the UK, I'd like to know what prospects are like for a plumber/Gas fitter?. It's a long way to go if you can't find work! I'm on with my Vetasses now I'm just hoping something comes to lite:eek:

I've been trying to think of something positive for you...but no luck so far.

The construction industry has taken a downturn in the last year or so. Not that that is anything new...it is up and down all the time. There is some talk that quite a few are leaving for the big money in the West Australian mines, which may leave some openings here.

All I can suggest is that you keep a close eye on the internet job vacancies, although employers are reluctant to hire unless you are actually on the ground in Australia.

I suppose you are aware also that you will be required to do courses here to gain Australian certification? Some tradesmen are quite resentful.

Best of luck. Tasmania is a wonderful place for noisy children!:biggrin:

Guest matthemason

You won't find two radiator to rub together in the hole of Tas and gas hasn't been piped to the eastern shore yet only bottle gas over here but check out the white pages and speak to firms good luck fella.

ps the houses here have no real heating wood fires and hot air blowers and less I forget and I love this the sun.

You won't find two radiator to rub together in the hole of Tas and gas hasn't been piped to the eastern shore yet only bottle gas over here

I had central heating radiators in a farmhouse I previously lived in but they ran off the wood stove in the kitchen. :biggrin:

We don't have piped gas where I live on the western shore either - and doubt we'll ever get it.

Archived