Booking WA Quarentine HELP NEEDED!

Ladyw

Hi All

I am hoping you can help!

Our situation - we have 176 visa lodged and are int he final stages as med and PCC's have been requested and completed. We are hoping to move as soon as the visa comes throughas we have nothing to stop us, however we cant go until November due to the 6 months you need to wait for the dogs rabies time frame so that she only spends 1 month in quarantine.

We have decided to use Petair gold service, however I spoke with them via email this week about booking the quarentine as I know it gets booked up in advance so we want to book it now, however we are being told that we need an oz address to book it?! We are obviously not moving for several months and havent began looking at accomadation as we are not sure yet when we will be moving, we dont have any friends or family in Oz or jobs waiting for us, so how the heck can we provide an address?! If we wait until we have an address it will be very close to moving day and therefore the dog probably wont get a place for months?!

Has anyone else encountered this, or has any ideas on what to do? I would have thought there would be lots of people moving to Oz who havent sorted out a place to live until close to the date?

Thanks

Lisa

x

Do you have your short term rental sorted yet? I think you can use that. Plenty of people have this problem and its usually easily sorted.

If you use the forum search feature you can probably find other threads where this has been discussed.

You can also contact the quarantine direct and ask them for advice.

Good luck with the move :)

We used my brothers address in QLD and then informed them of the change as soon as we arrived. Some PIO members that I got to know have used my address for the initial paperwork then changed it once we arrived ... we haven't inherited a lot of pets so it must have worked ok lol

Guest jeffner1974

Hi,

We used the address of a friend of my husbands.it gets changed nearer the time.

if you don't know anyone at all what about a friend of a friend.

or could you not book a hotel for roughly when you think you'll be going and then cancel it and change address to whatever you have then nearer the time (with no cancelation charges) i panicked at this one too but there are ways round it.

jen x

Archived