IELTS? Check! Next up VETASSESS

flatpack

Hi All

I have just got my IELTS results through and got the mark required so now I'm moving onto the next step, vetassess. I am a apprentice trained Carpenter/ Joiner and I have City & Guilds Advanced Craft qualifications. I have no doubt what so ever about passing the assessment as I am a joiner and have been since leaving school in 1998.

I have been self employed since 1992 and have mainly worked as a sub contractor to other companies. I have been looking at the requirements needed to claim the whole 15 points for 8years experience that they want. They seem to want contact details for all the companies I'e worked for, a lot of these firms are no longer trading because the gone bust or simply the owners have passed away.

I am currently trying to get letters from each one but need to know a few things.

1, Will a letter from a director of a company that has gone bust be accepted?

2. Will a letter from a ex-director of a company that is still trading but seems to be dormant (ie no employee except 1 director and will not answer phones, emails etc) be accepted?

3. My accountant has written a letter to say he's done my account as a joiner for the last 6 yrs, will this be acceptable?

I have spoken to the tax office and they can send me copies of my returns for the last 8 years but not 10. I spent 6 months in OZ 4 yrs ago so that comes out of the total number of years so I need more.

Has anyone got any idea if I'm fretting over nothing?

I can't help, but wish you luck, and suggest that you talk to a migration agent. With your background as a sub-contractor, I would suggest you need a lot more help and guidance than someone who has worked for one or two companies (as a PAYE employee) over the last 10 years, and for whom it is relatively easy to provide all the evidence required. Go Matilda, Overseas Emigration and one other (whose name escapes me but whose name turns up regularly in posts about Migration Agents) are all worth having a chat with. Good luck!

Archived