PRE JULY 2010 fAMILY SPONSORD 176 APPLICANTS-CATEGORY 5

suraweeraneil

Hi,

I applied March 2009 under 176 family sponsored category. Now my application in the pipe line for more than 3 years. I am frustrated with this and want to find an escape root. Pls advice me on this matter and guide me in the correct direction.

As per the Diac's letter which I received today I can apply for state sponsorship to change my path and get my application processed fast. I feel definitely they will not touch my application with the numbers aailable(4200)My prefession is in the South Australia state sponsorship list.

- Do Ihave to do my IELTS again?

-Do I have to assess My profession again?

Pls answer. I am realy helpless.

Or else shall I wait in the line without changing my path(176 family sponsor)

Thanks

We're in the same boat (though no idea if we received the email or not as we aplied through an agent), we applied 08/10/09 176 FS. Can anyone tell me if changing to SS would mean making a brand new apllication thus incurring more costs. We've been on this rollercoaster long enough now need to find a way of getting off it .. please.

As you have applied before 1 July 2010 you are able to change your application over to 176SS. If your occupation is on any list - you should apply for state sponsorship.

As for IELTS & skills assessment - you need to ask the state that you are looking at if they will accept your Skills Assessment or IELTS (IELTS are now valid for 3 years).

It wont cost you to change the application to 176SS but it will cost to apply for SS which when we applied to WA was $200.

Hi,

Today I contacted South Australia state immigration who provide state sponsorship and got to know that they will not provide state sponsorship for old applications. Straight away they ask whether I got EOI number . I answered saying that according to DIAC'S letter of instructions which they sent to us we can ask for state sponsorship. They politely rejected my request saying that they will not provide state sponsorship without EOI number.

So, again came back to square one. No answer other than waiting.

Hi,

I am posting another question here. According to DIAC's letter Ican check whether I can achieve sufficient marks to become an independent applicant. I can do it by assessing my wife's profession. Do somebody know the procedure to do that? Which occupation list I must follow.? MODL OR SOL

Pls answer

Thanks

This isn't good news, one of the options I am considering although I'm loathed to do it due to the risk v cost is SS with NSW, however if they are refusing to sponsor applicants not using the new system then surely that is legally not allowed, people who applied through the old system and are sitting in Priority 5 have been well and truly *******. This would be another example of how people are being forced to pay more money for a service they have already paid for. It can be in no way justified for states to say its in the best interest of the Australian economy, if someone's occupation is on that states SMP then what difference is it to them!

I've already sent them an email requesting clarification on this and other points.

Archived