Regrading 190 VISA

vinodreddyyalla

Hell Everyone,

Hope all of you doing good. This is my first post in the forum. I have a query regarding 190 VISA and I believe my case little complicated(:yes: may not be for few experts here and that's why i seek help). I am currently living in Sydney for about 5 years now on 457 VISA. I wanted to apply for PR and looked at both 189 and 190 options. However, i fell short by 0.5 in one module of IELTS although i managed to score overall score of 8. This had happened to me 3 times and now I am looking for the options beyond IELTS. I don not want to blame anyone for my IELTS debacle as I should have pushed myself hard to get it over. Hoping to clear this one day as it has dented my self belief.

I have 60 points without IELTS score, however, I acknowledge it is unrealistic to expect an invitation under software engineer category with mere 60 points. I looked at other opportunities and found SA can sponsor as they need only 6 or 6.5 in each band of IELTS. However,there is an obligation that i had to stay for at least 2 years in the state which sponsor, I'm fine with this condition and wanted to know whether it is first 2 years or any two years in the 5 years of VISA period. Currently I wanted to continue in my current job for another year before even considering the relocation to SA.

Welcome to PIO

The fact that you are currently working in Sydney for the last 5 years, you may find it hard to be approved for State Nomination from SA.

Is you current employer not willing to sponsor you for PR??

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately my employer rejected to sponsor as they claim its against their internal policies.

If you have your skills assessment - you can lodge an EOI for both 189 and 190 visa. And see which one you get invited for - the pass mark is 60 therefore if you meet it there is no reason why yo wont be invited with 60 points - as no invitations for the ranked occupations have been sent it is hard to make that statement.

Once you have lodged your EOI - you can then apply for State Nomination.

The 2 year agreement is a moral obligation - and as you have been working in Australia for the last 5 years - you only need 1 year as a PR to be able to apply for citizenship. Then your visa/obligation ceases to exist.

Is your occupation on NSW occupation list? Or are you able to get offlist sponsorship from them?

Yes, I have got my skills assessed and it is indeed positive. I will try to lodge EOI for both 189 and 190 and leave it for my luck. I guess it's better to loose by giving it a go.

When I contacted my agent, even he was mentioning about this obligation being moral and not legal. However, I have a little concern that if we apply for citizenship then moral grounds may come under scanner. I just wanted to make sure that I will not push myself into a corner.

Regarding NSW occupation list, most likely software engineer will be on their list as it does on previous occasions. Seems NSW sponsorship details are yet to be announced for this year but having said that NSW and VIC will seek 7.0 IELTS which i do not posses.

Regards,

Vinod.

The first step is to lodge an EOI through SkillSelect. In your EOI, please choose "SA" only and the relevant state nominated visa subclass.

Immediately after lodging the EOI, you should apply online to Immigration SA for state nomination. You will need your EOI ID to submit your online application with Immigration SA..

Please note: all approved state nomination applicants from 1 July 2012 will be nominated through the SkillSelect System. http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/state_migration_plan_south_australia.jsp

There will be no issue when you apply for citizenship - there is no condition on your visa.

Archived