China eastern airline?

Rebecca1978

Hi, i have managed to find a flight for tomorrow night from london to melbourne with china eastern airlines, ive looked at reviews on google and theres quite a lot of bad ones, the thing is the flight is only a 25hr flight business class for £1400 which i thought was fantastic, but i wondered if china easterns business class was like our business class, BA, Virgin etc,? Has anyone any advice as id like to book at this price, would you get a bed? or is it like virgin premium economy? any advice greatly appreciated.

I've flown with China Eastern from China to Japan. Economy. It was fine. It was like every other major airline really. I'd have no reservations in flying with them again based on that experience. I've certainly had worse experiences with Air France and Emirates.

Mind you, it was only a short flight, so if I was given the choice between them and something like Malaysian, KLM, JAL etc at the same price, I probably would choose one of them instead.

I've read mixed reviews. From goodish (not great) to shocking.

The biggest complaint seems to be their cancelling or delaying flights. And the service around that.

Do you *have* to be on a plane tomorrow night?

Personally I like to fly with one of the bigger international airlines, Singapore, BA, Cathay, all good.

The problem is, you could pay £1400 for your flight and go tomorrow and have a shocker and regret spending all that cash. Or have a good journey without hitches. No way of knowing.

I'd probably rather deal with an airline like BA over a Chinese airline if it goes pear shaped in any way, like delayed flight so missing the connection.

I'd probably rather deal with an airline like BA over a Chinese airline if it goes pear shaped in any way, like delayed flight so missing the connection.

I just have to add to this that I was flying Finnair from Helsinki to Japan. The Finnair flight got heavily delayed which meant I would miss my connection in Beijing. Upon arrival in Beijing, I was met by a friendly Chinese woman who got me quickly through security and whatnot to the gate for the next China Eastern departure to Japan one hour later.

Check seatguru website for the info on the planes facilites etc. Its all there so you can compare with other airlines legroom, recline, food, service etc.

Guest lemongirl

I flew with them a few years ago from Japan to Vancouver (via Shanghai). NEVER AGAIN!! There were worms falling on me from the overhead bins. Literally worms. It was so revolting...needless to say I couldn't eat the horrendous things they presented as "Breakfast sausages" when the meal came, as they just looked like bigger versions of these horrible, fat worms.

Archived