How long is the medical valid for?

Biggers

I had my Medical and chest x ray done in oz in feb. We are lodging a defacto visa offshore from Nz in the near future, I just wanted to make sure I can still use the medical I bad done in oz ?!

Thanks,

Amy

Guest GeorgeD
Medicals are valid for a year and could be extended for a further 6 months depending on the situation.

Not sure what situations allow an extension, but normal rules are you need to make your initial entry on the spouse visa within 12 months of the visa being granted, the police check or medical being done, whichcever is earleist...so if you apply now and do your PCC soon or now, and you are granted the visa in say December, then you have 12 months from your medical to enter Oz, so you must enter by Feb 2013.

Not sure what situations allow an extension, but normal rules are you need to make your initial entry on the spouse visa within 12 months of the visa being granted, the police check or medical being done, whichcever is earleist...so if you apply now and do your PCC soon or now, and you are granted the visa in say December, then you have 12 months from your medical to enter Oz, so you must enter by Feb 2013.

Reason I talk about an extention is that I was given a 6 month extention as my medical was expiring 2 weeks after my due date but in that circumstance that extended it.

Archived