EOI State Sponsorship Confusion

mattybe

I've looked through a fair bit of information but can't find a definitive answer.

Subclass 190

I'm happy that you require the skills assessment and the IELTs prior to lodging an EOI.

However, once you select which states you are happy to be nominated by, do you then have to contact each State with your EOI number and do you still pay the fee to be considered.

I'm totally confused, mainly because there is a mixture of old and new information on the net, even NSW state sponsorship page doesn't look to reflect the changes to the migration system and skillselect.

Do the States look at the EOIs and invite, or do you actively contact each state with your EOI number and ask for sponsorship. (I appreciate your ASCZO code needs to be on that states specific skills demand list).

Any help appreciated

Matt

:arghh:

• 2 months later...

You need to apply to the state you want to be sponsored by and give them your EOI number when you apply. You have to pay the application fee for instance WA is $220 i think. But if you havent done skills assesment and Ielts yet then there is no point applying as you need the points to do so. If you are accepted by that state and its for a 190 visa you will get an automatic invitation to then lodge your visa.

Hi my question is more around the state sponsorship and EOI. When you submit your EOI for a 190 and name the state you wish to work in, do you then NEED to apply for state sponsorship, or is this only if you need the extra 5 points? Effectively if I had 70 points without state sponsorship, do I need it, or would they simply nominate me through Skillsect?

Hi my question is more around the state sponsorship and EOI. When you submit your EOI for a 190 and name the state you wish to work in, do you then NEED to apply for state sponsorship, or is this only if you need the extra 5 points? Effectively if I had 70 points without state sponsorship, do I need it, or would they simply nominate me through Skillsect?

First off, is your occupation on SOL 1 (189 independent) meaning no need to be sponsored by a state, if so, having the 70 points will help.

If your occupation is on the CSOL, and you apply for SS, you get the 5 points AND an automatic invite for 190 PR.

189 is also PR but INDEPENDENT (no need to be sponsored by a state or government)

did that help?

Yeah thanks. I think I've worked it out now after trawling through the South Australia nomination web pages. My husbands occupation is on the CSOL so we need a 190 or 489. I now know that he will need to submit his EOI after he gets a positive skills assessment, then also apply for state nomination. When he gets sponsored, that is the point when he will get his invite (I think!). This means that with SA sponsorship processing times, we will pass my husbands 40th birthday, and therefore lose 10 points. He would still have 65 points on a 190, so do you think we would still be ok?

Yeah thanks. I think I've worked it out now after trawling through the South Australia nomination web pages. My husbands occupation is on the CSOL so we need a 190 or 489. I now know that he will need to submit his EOI after he gets a positive skills assessment, then also apply for state nomination. When he gets sponsored, that is the point when he will get his invite (I think!). This means that with SA sponsorship processing times, we will pass my husbands 40th birthday, and therefore lose 10 points. He would still have 65 points on a 190, so do you think we would still be ok?

Just note, having SA SS (which is what I am after) gets you an automatic invite.

Although 189 is points ranked, there are some being invited with 60 or 65 points.

I've looked through a fair bit of information but can't find a definitive answer.

Subclass 190

I'm happy that you require the skills assessment and the IELTs prior to lodging an EOI.

However, once you select which states you are happy to be nominated by, do you then have to contact each State with your EOI number and do you still pay the fee to be considered.

I'm totally confused, mainly because there is a mixture of old and new information on the net, even NSW state sponsorship page doesn't look to reflect the changes to the migration system and skillselect.

Do the States look at the EOIs and invite, or do you actively contact each state with your EOI number and ask for sponsorship. (I appreciate your ASCZO code needs to be on that states specific skills demand list).

Any help appreciated

Matt

:arghh:

Matt, what is your occupation and which state are you looking to move to?

Matt, what is your occupation and which state are you looking to move to?

Hi :)

I finally worked it out by trawling through the states websites.

My occupation is 233513 - Production or Plant Engineer (SOL 1)

I have about 3 more weeks to wait until Engineers Australia (hopefully) assess me, been a long wait.

I have lodged a draft EOI and its all filled in just waiting my skills assessment.

I then intend to apply to NSW and Victoria for State Sponsorship, I have indicated 189 or 190 on my EOI.

So basically once my skills assessment is done I'll be sending my application pack off to NSW, with my EOI number and fingers crossed will get an invite.

My EOI is 189/190 just to keep my options open, I hit 40 next September so my points drop (plus my son will be A-levels/college age) so if I don't get out next year I probably never will.

**Edit - but thanks for reaffirming my understanding in this thread. The confusion was after reading a few "Skill select blurbs", it came across as though States would actively/autonomously trawl through EOIs inviting suitable candidates. But basically you still need to sort your own SS out and give them your EOI number.

Archived