Social Work interview for NT....help pls

Futty

Hi all

I live in the UK and have been practising as a Social Worker since 2002. I've got an telephone interview(Child Protection) on Tuesday and I am so anxious...

Any tips please.....just want to get the job.

thanks

Hi all

I live in the UK and have been practising as a Social Worker since 2002. I've got an telephone interview(Child Protection) on Tuesday and I am so anxious...

Any tips please.....just want to get the job.

thanks

Good luck. :biggrin: There is a social work group in here, under communities I think, some of them have interviewed for Northern Territory.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/groups/social-workers.html

Hi,

I interviewed face to face in London via HCL Recruitment and have found another member on here who did same via another agency.

They were a really nice panel of 3,asked wide ranging questions and I also had a sheet with questions so I could re-read them while answering,they really seemed to want to make it a good experience so don't worry too much.

If you have sound UK experiences it should be ok.

I am starting with DCF in Darwin on 10th September,they have been really efficient and things have moved forward well. Can't wait for move now. Lookup Social Work groups where I think there are some other threads that may help.

Good luck.

Hi Futty,

Can' tell you exact questions,only that it was what I would have expected and yes they expect you to relate to your UK experiences but also have researched the cultural differences you will be working with over there. My recruitment agency gave me lots of web sites and policy links and I did read around Aboriginal topics alot to get a basic understanding .

I'm guessing you had your interview today?? They were very good at giving their decisions promptly so hope all goes well for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hackster123

Hi Ajs.... I too have secured a post in Darwin as a Social Worker with H.C.L on the same day you did. Just wondered if you attended the get together on the 14th in London.I'm a newby on this site so, Could you come us posted on your experiences when you get over there,I would be greatful of the info. How is everything going,is it all going to plan.

Wishing you well on your move in September. Where are you thinking of settling in Darwin.

Take care

Sue

Archived