Police checks for dependants?

voxtro

I had spent 2 years in a different country along with my wife and she was on a dependant visa and had not taken up a job. Should i seek Police checks for my wife along with me?

Since Police check certificate from a different country takes significant amount of time. should i start doing this at the time when I lodge my application.

You'll both need police checks from whatever country that is since you both lived there for more than a year (presumably in the past 10 years). I had to get US FBI police checks done and as it normally takes a long time to get these done, I decided to "frontload" them (to get them done before I was asked for them). The only downside is that it shortens the amount of time you have to enter Australia to activate the visa (usually 12 months from the date of the PCCs or meds, whichever is first).

All applicants over 16 require Police Certificates for all countries that they have spent more than a total of 12 months in the last 10 years.

Are you or partner from a HR country?? If you are you should wait until your CO requests your PCC as internal and external checks can take some time ofter over 12 months.

PCC are only valid for 12 months - and you are required to make first entry to Australia by the earliest date of medicals or PCC.

Advice from DIAC is that you should wait until you have a CO before doing medical and PCC - it is unknown how long applications will take to be processed under SKill Select - I would say that they are going to take alot longer as all applications will be scruitinised to make sure that the points that have been claimed for in the EOI are the amount of points a person is awarded.

Archived