P.M.V dilemma

carol123

just getting all my bits and bobs sorted for application for a PMV.

one thing i am stuck on is taking the children with me. do i? or don't i? (just kidding!! :yes: )

me and my ex hubby share parental responsibilty for them, yet he has signed a statutory declaration and had it witnessed by a solicitor that he is in total agreement to me removing the children permanently from the UK.

now then.........?

is this enough????

i have read the guidelines set down by the aussie embassy and they state a court order OR stat dec but has anyone else been in this position and what was the outcome? like, do i need a court order anyway even though he has signed an official document recognized by law.? :wacko: .

Guest trasi

Hi Carol

Yes, i have just been through exactly the same.

My ex signed the required form, giving permission for the boys to be removed from the UK, and that has been enough in our case.

The only time you need a court order is if the ex is refusing for the kids to leave. This isnt the problem in your case or mine.

Im presuming the form he signed is the one that came with the visa application... 1220 ??? or something like that. This is the form that has to be signed.

Good luck with your future plans xxx

Archived