Medical check, to be completed by?

dredg97

Hi all,

my migration agent has just lodged my application early this week, so I'm a bit more relaxed while waiting for a CO to be allocated.

Considering I will start working offshore of Tunisia on 28 days on and 28 days off rotation cycle from September, if I'll be requested to have medical checks, what is the time limit to attend them?

If I'll have just left for travelling offshore and the limit is within 28 days, it could be an issue...

I hope, given the particular circumstances, the CO or requirements are a bit flexible.

Obviously if I'll be requested in any other time (end of working shift or when I'm at home) there won't be any problem.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Guest jaycris

wait... is the medical included in the initial 28 days? i was just asked for police checks... no medical check ups yet... this just rattled me...

So, if I'm not mistaken, you have to attend medical checks when you are requested to do so by the CO.

If I'm requested on DAY 1, can I book medical checks on DAY 38 for example (DAY 1 + 37 DAYS)? or should I attend strictly in 28 days from the CO request?

Excuse me lebourvellec, I couldn't get the exact meaning of your words (and Reading was my strongest component in the IELTS scoring in three attempts 8, 9 and 8.5 :twitcy::wink: )

So, if I'm not mistaken, you have to attend medical checks when you are requested to do so by the CO.

If I'm requested on DAY 1, can I book medical checks on DAY 38 for example (DAY 1 + 37 DAYS)? or should I attend strictly in 28 days from the CO request?

Excuse me lebourvellec, I couldn't get the exact meaning of your words (and Reading was my strongest component in the IELTS scoring in three attempts 8, 9 and 8.5 :twitcy::wink: )

Sorry I just re-read what I wrote - my dyslexic brain sometimes doesnt pick up on these things when I write.

If you are away and you are not able to do the medical in the 28 days - as long as you inform your CO of the date that the medical has been booked for this should not be a problem.

But due to the current speeds of CO allocation with 175 applications, it would be likely that by September before you leave you would already have been allocated a CO, if not you could do your medical before you leave to go offshore.

"If you are unable to provide the requested information (such as medical results or police checks)

within the timeframe specified above, for reasons beyond your control, please send us evidence

(such as receipts) that you have applied to do so."

Hi lebourvellec,

your dyslexic brain is surely working better than my overrated English (got 8 overall while I should be a band 7 actually..).

However, thanks for the clarification, it makes sense and it's reassuring to know I have options.

Thanks once again for your clarifications.

Archived