11 months in oz.....do i need penal clearance........

Guest irisheyesaresmiling

Hey there guys. i previously spent 11 months in oz on a WHV. I recently got a CO appointed for my 175 visa application and have uploaded police checks for every country i have lived in for more than 12 months. No repsonse yet but i am expecting an email any day requesting a penal clearance from the AFP.

Anyone else been in the same position where it was asked for even though you spent less than 12 months in the country?.

If it's only required for places where you've lived for 12 months or more, and you were only in Oz for 11 months, why would they ask for a police check?

Got to say I was very glad that I'd only lived in Russia and Kyrgyzstan for 10 months each as getting police check certificates would have been a complete nightmare...

11 consecutive months in total no other period. I know the rule is 12 months or more but as it was 11 months in oz itself I thought it might be required. I have applied over a month ago for 1 just in case but no sign of it. Anyone of any experience how long the AFP take to process. Their website says 15 days. My Arse!!. Dont know who to contact about it if im asked for it.

I you had spent another 4 weeks in the last 10 years from a different trip you would have required the AFP check.

Mine took about 2 weeks to come back - but they have a large back log currently - maybe because of the rush of people applying before skillselect - think they are taking 5-6 weeks currently.

Guest atadata

Mine application reached them 16 days ago and it's still in the process now. Called them this morning and the lady said current processing time is around 20 days. the automated lady I listened to while waiting for the live voice quoted it as 25 working days though. but it used to be 15 working days, indeed - not anymore

Mine application reached them 16 days ago and it's still in the process now. Called them this morning and the lady said current processing time is around 20 days. the automated lady I listened to while waiting for the live voice quoted it as 25 working days though. but it used to be 15 working days, indeed - not anymore

hi atada would you mind posting the number you used. Thanks.