Melbourne Job Offer Dilemma

stephenhall444

Hello,

I hope you can help me. I have two job offers one in Brisbane and one in Melbourne. The roles are very similar the only difference is salary the Brisbane job offers $100K and the Melbourne position $85K.

My partner & I are both in our mid/late 20s, have no chldren and want to be in a vibrant, lively city with plenty to offer, for the next few years at least. We have recently been on a reccie to Australia, whilst we thought Brisbane was nice enough we loved Melbourne as there is so much going on and seems more suited to us.

Suburbs such as South Yarra, Praharan, St Kilda, South Melbourne at the moment are appealing to us. We want somewhere with good transport links into the city, becahes, local shops, bars and restaurants etc. Do you have any other recomendations?

Looking at our living costs we are hoping to find a furnsihed apartment/unit for approx $400 - $500 p/w in one of the above suburbs and we want to live comfortably but not excessively.

I think $85k per annum is enough to get by but just wanted to double check this with advice on here.

Thanks,

Stephen

I guess you will be both working so you will be over hundred grand a year anyway.

It really depends if you want to walk to work if you do you could look at Carlton, West Melbourne, Fitzroy, North Melbourne, East Melbourne.

Richmond is popular with young couples.

Archived