update of sol will not apply

streets

hello everyone,

I hope someone can answer this question for us please.

it say's on the au gov web site that the trasitional arrangement also allow any one who held a qualifing student visa on feb 2010 to apply for a temporary skilled -graduate (subclass 485) visa on the basis of the sol in effect on the 8th feb 2010 these transitional arrangments are in place until 31st dec 2012 the update of the sol will not apply to applicants eligible.

So does that mean because i held a student visa on feb 8th 2010 that i can sill apply for a 176 visa even though my skill bricklaying is going to come off the sol on the 1st of july 2012 ?

can anyone answer this for me it's the last chance for us until bricklaying comes back on again when ever that might be.

thanks .

You wont be able to apply for 176 visas as they will cease to be accepted after 30th June full stop, the quote you give applies to a 485 visa which is an 18mth graduate visa for students still in oz who have a skill and have qualified from a 2 year course-some onshore visa applications are going to be accepted until Dec 2012, the new conditions will apply to new applicants for off shore visa form 1st july however wait for the sol 2 to be published before you loose heart, bricklayer was only removed from the independent and family sponsored list, we dont know about the state sponsored list yet! You can only apply for a 176 visa until 3oth june and can only do this is you have proof of skills in the form of a positive skills assessment, state sponsorship and proof of English skills and meet the current points test!

thanks for your reply ,i have a passed the skills test and got AQF111 just the ielts to do cant get the 8s we need.

so how does the sol 2 work the agent we were using has said there's nothing we can do unless we get an offer of a job but that's not going to happen in bricklaying .

thanks

It is the state sponsored and employer nominated list they have yet to publish it I anticipate it will be this weekend if on a states list you can apply to that state for sponsorship as long as you have put an expression of interest into disc I guess you will need ielts before you can do this

hi shelly666

i still need 8s because i was going to get a eatra 10 points from my brother sponsoring me but he cant now so i don't get them any more so 5 points wouldn't be enough

thanks ill get there in the end with a bit of luck.

Archived