New to this site 175 visa info please

polshy83

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and I am looking for some info, and some good advice. I hve just passed my IELTS and vetassess practical and our application was lodged on 11/06/2012. I have contacted my agent to try and get a time scale, but all she could give me was that I should be assigned a case officer within 3 month. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it is taking at the moment to get accepted once a CO has been assigned?

My self, my wife and my 2 boys 6 and 4, will be moving to Perth or surrounding areas. I currently work offshore in the UK and I have managed to get a job to go over to, working on the Australian oil rigs. This will be on a rota so I dont necessarily have to be anywhere in particular. Can anyone give some good advice on areas to start reasearching to rent a place, the most important thing is good schools near bye. Would be nice to be close to the beach and places with good rental prices.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Welcome to PIO

There is a CAT 4 thread running with outher 175 applicants - you will get an idea of timelines there - but within 3 months is about right. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/121645-new-cat-4-july-1st-2011-a-783.html

Once you receive a CO they will request any additional documents - but if what you have provided with your application is OK - they will request medicals and police checks. Our visa was approved day after they received last police check.

Hi, Welcome to PIO. I am a newbie myself really and this site is excellent for information. I have been told about 3 months also which is good. Originally I was told 12months by an agent but things seem to be going fast at the moment. Fingers crossed! No idea re Perth I am afraid, as I am heading to Brissie!

Good Luck

Thanks alot for the advice, appreciate it,

Looks like its not gona be long, am worried now lol the reason we chose the 175 was to give us more time, but suppose now its lodged I just want to get there ASAP.

Thanks Again

Paul

Archived