Partner coming after me

livethedream

Hi all,

Hope someone can be of help. Basically i am to be offered a job on a 457 visa, looking like going out in nov 12. Slight problem, my husband can't join us until feb 2014, as he is currently a serving royal marine. Does anyone know if he is included in the 457 and he activates the visa, is there a requirement for him to stay in the country. He plans to have 4 trips over bfore he joins us in feb 2014. It has been mentioned that he has to be living there within the 6 months of me arriving, but the person was unsure on this. My alternative if he can 't be included for this reason is to go on the 457 and apply for PR immediately upon arrival to ensure he can join us. Anyone forsee any problems going about it this way.

Any advice much appreciatedd

Thanks

Suzanne

I would check with a RMA - but I think if he activates the visa (457 are usually 4 years long) in the 12 months required, or date stated in grant he can enter and leave Australia as much as he wants as it is multiple entry visa. Also the has exeptional circumstances why he is not living in Australia - I sont know where the 6 months has come from - (there is a 6 month relationship requirement for the 457 visa).

Guest myaccessaustralia

Hi Suzanne - its fine for your husband to take his time before coming to Aus. Include him in your 457 visa application. Its not an issue if a dependent 457 visa doesn't arrive for months after the visa is approved - there is no specific date that a dependent 457 visa holder needs to arrive in Aus.

As the primary 457 visa holder, if there is an extended delay between your approval date and arrival, immigration at the airport may check what caused the delay (unlikely but possible).

Archived