Job in St Leonards, Crows Nest - Where To Live

knight2931

Hi could anyone tell me any nice areas to live within 20 to 40 mins from Crows Nest for a family with 2 children 7 & 10

We have looked at a few places but unsure what they are like & if the schools are any good.

Places we've looked at so far are Mount colah, Wahroonga, Carlingford, Quakers Hill & The Ponds any help on these or other places will be much appreciated.

Looking to pay between $500 & $700 per week on rental, prefer a 4 bed.

Guest Guest62757

There is such a variation in your list. Personally I wouldn't be looking Mt Colah, Carlingford, quakers hill etc..

Wahroonga is lovely but expensive. I would probably look at Willoughby, Lane Cove, Chatswood, Frenchs Forrest, Belrose, St. Ives, West Pymble, Mona Vale, Dee Why, Davidson, Hornsby Heights and Berowra but that is probably as far as I would go on that line.

Assuming you are going to be working within walking distance of the station at St Leonards, maybe look for a suburb to live in also on a rail line - and assuming you cannot afford to live close to St Leonards?

I think the Western Line from Penrith goes all the way through the city to Chatswood. Yes, it does!! I just checked my timetable which I just happen to have because I'm going to be working in Penrith. Not that I'm suggesting you move out there but you could look for somewhere along the line. Maybe the Inner West might be OK for you. Stanmore, Petersham, somewhere like that but it all depends on what you can afford. North Ryde might be OK too. I think the line goes from there through to the North Shore line?

Archived