Advice for family moving to Perth

funkft

Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying to migrate to Oz (Wife and 2 Children, 3yr old and 6 month baby)

We are looking at settling in Perth and would appreciate any advice on the following:

How much money to take over (we will probably be taking very limited amount)

Areas to live (we need to consider good schools)

Activities in the area

Thank you for taking the time to read

Guest The Ropey HOFF

check out the great housing site realestate.com.au, alot will depend on your work, do you have a job to go to, is it in a specific area, or in the city, theres loads of great areas, but perth and the surrounding subhurbs covers a vast area. Best of luck.

depends what your income is going to be - then you'll know how much to spend on rent, and that will dictate the area more or less. It's not a nice equation but tends to be a reality - cheapest areas have the poorest schools (kwinana, Armadale), most expensive areas have better schools. There's a whole lot in between where rents are reasonable and so are the schools! As Hoff said - go on realestate.com.au and look at what you get for your money and try and make a guess at what your income might be by looking on seek.com for similar jobs to what you do now.

Thanks Bob,

I have looked around a few sites at it seems that $400 a week is an average guide, I will be working in the drug and alcohol services (from what I've looked at the salaries seem to be in the $60 - $80,000 region)

I think we are going to be looking at areas in North Perth - Butler was recommended to us by a friend, don't know if you can clarify or not?

Looking forward to an outdoors lifestyle - adventurous 3 year old will make sure of that!

Archived