Going without ever visiting

Guest Nelson

Guest stuckinblighty

ooohhhh its happening again :? The thought of moving lock,stock and barrel,to the other side of the world without ever visiting is getting me worried again.as i said previously we are shipping out with no idea what we are shipping out to !

Should we spend a few grand going out to look,which isn't much in the big sceme of things,or just 'go for it'.What if i hate it and i wanna jump on the first plane back to blighty ?!?!?!?!

Blimey.....so many thoughts,a few negatives but alot more positives :)

regards ,Lee

Guest spray21

Lee - I have the same panic every few days at the moment! I'm just finishing my job in the next couple of weeks, and I'm feeling quite sad and wondering what is so bad about being here - especially with the lovely weather! I keep telling myself that once in Oz I can BBQ whenever I like rather than just a few times a year.

Today I told my kids I'm leaving (I'm a teacher, so I mean my form group rather than my actual offspring!) and they asked why I couldn't just stay another two years until they leave, and why did I want to go, and what was I going to go in Australia. I thought "*I don't know!*" - then told them that I'd think of them next year, when I'm walking along the beach and they're doing their coursework! he he he.... A lot of them want to keep in touch with emails and msn, so that will be nice.

More seriously - what's the worst that could happen? Apart from death by poisonous animal.... But really, apart from that?! The weather will be better, there will be space, I'll be able to afford a lovely house that would be way out of reach for me in England. It will be a better quality of life, and if I don't give it a try then I'll always look back and think "what if?". Plus, how many people have you heard say "Oooh, Australia [sucking in breath noise] have you really thought it through? I heard it's awful there.." etc?!

So I'm going to give it a go! No looking back! [/i]

Guest stuckinblighty
Lee - I have the same panic every few days at the moment! I'm just finishing my job in the next couple of weeks, and I'm feeling quite sad and wondering what is so bad about being here - especially with the lovely weather! I keep telling myself that once in Oz I can BBQ whenever I like rather than just a few times a year.

Today I told my kids I'm leaving (I'm a teacher, so I mean my form group rather than my actual offspring!) and they asked why I couldn't just stay another two years until they leave, and why did I want to go, and what was I going to go in Australia. I thought "*I don't know!*" - then told them that I'd think of them next year, when I'm walking along the beach and they're doing their coursework! he he he.... A lot of them want to keep in touch with emails and msn, so that will be nice.

More seriously - what's the worst that could happen? Apart from death by poisonous animal.... But really, apart from that?! The weather will be better, there will be space, I'll be able to afford a lovely house that would be way out of reach for me in England. It will be a better quality of life, and if I don't give it a try then I'll always look back and think "what if?". Plus, how many people have you heard say "Oooh, Australia [sucking in breath noise] have you really thought it through? I heard it's awful there.." etc?!

So I'm going to give it a go! No looking back! [/i]

good speach :D

regards,Lee

Guest daisydeeds

I think a lot of people are blown away by the fact that neither I nor Choobs have visited Australia but the majority of people think its great that we are taking such a wonderful opportunity. I havent flown before and friends have remarked that when we do something we really throw ourselves into the deep end. Our attitude is that there is no point of "what ifs" and often those who we talk to about leaving Scotland say "oh yeah, we had the opportunity x years ago but the time wasnt right - wish we had done that" so a lot of people are scared of taking the leap.

I have often over the 14 odd months of the process, thought about visiting before we go, have often thought about how hard it is going to be getting on that plane but the thing is that we have all committed emotionally and financially into going to Australia and we know it feels right.

The waiting is dreadful - didnt expect the process to take this long. During it I have done courses and started work so it is a good idea to find a focus as well as Australia so you dont get unnaturally absorbed into the emigration process (does that make sense?) even if it is just for some of the time.

Try to think positive. Try to think about your future and your childrens but overall try to think about the opportunity you have been given.

Hope this doesnt sound too preachy!!

Daisydeeds.

• 3 weeks later...

i have been to oz with my son but my OH hasn't i have family out there that have been over her and say they would never come and live here so question answered for me, my sons safety and welfare are the most inportant thing and australia has a majorly lower crime rate and are very family friendly i can't wait to get out there and live ther life i have always wanted to it is stunning out there pure clean and friendly enjo, enjoy enjoy :D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest MrPink

phew ! and I thought it was just us !

We have been discussing the idea to move to Oz for a few months and took the plunge and rung our chosen agent on Friday (after a lot of agent research).

Hoping to leave the UK July 2008 at the latest

Archived