Looking to reocate to Australia

Big G

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum and sorry in advance if there are other threads / posts covering this.

We've made up our mind that we (family of 4) want to relocate to the Perth area of Australia.

I currently work as a Sales Manager in the UK and would prefer to remain in my chosen industry ideally, however, I know that this will be a bit more difficult as I don't have a "skill" etc and I'll probably have to go down the route of a 457 visa.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Big G

Hi and welcome to the forum. I would swat up on what visa you can qualify for on the immigration website specific to WA , if you find that too confusing ,take a short cut and ring an agent for advice. I know some of the rules are changing in July but i dont know the ins and outs ,sorry.

Good luck with your quest and i hope you get to WA

Cal x

Guest trasi

hi and welcome....

some one will correct me if im wrong, but to get a 457 visa you will need to find an employer willing to sponsor you. I am coming over on a 457 and as far as im aware they are sponsored visas only........

good luck to you all xx

Hi Kath & Trasi

I'll check out that link, thanks Kath 8-)

Trasi, I've just started to look into all this and I was led to believe that if you couldn't obtain a skilled visa then you would need to get a job offer first and then go for the 457 etc. I could be wrong and I've a lot to do and loads to research etc.

All the best with yours.

Thanks for the reply anyway. 8-)

G

I looked more into the content of that link, and i dont think i'll be able to go down that route sadly.

It does mention Sales Manager, but once you read into it more, it's more like Sales Directors or MD's etc.

Not to worry, will just try and go down the sponsorship route.

Any advice, please feel free to pass it on.

Cheers

G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Sorry about the delay in posting.

Anyway, here's the update i have.

I've contacted a former employer (who's based all over Aus) and they would be really interested in my services over there.

Down side is that they are reluctant to offer me 457 visa etc.

I've been told to try and apply for premanent residency, but i thought that you cant unless you've actually stayed in Aus or have Australian fmaily etc

As always, any advice would be great

G

Guest guest71686

My understanding is the 457 is the easiest to get in a realistic timeframe. I'm looking to get a partner visa to improve my security in the country but 457 really is much quicker than the the pr routes. My experience is in the 457 others might know more about the pr routes

Maybe its just the empoyer that i'm contact with that dont want to offer the 457.

The strange thing is that they're a big outfit and i dont know why, maybe it's just me 8-)

We have friends over in Perth and one of their employers has already hinted that they would offer my wife a job on arrival.

Anyway, any tips re the 457, how to persuade the employer to offer it (if possible) would be appreciated.

Cheers

Guest guest71686

Not sure i can help much there sorry, i worked for my employer 4 years ago on a WHV and returned on a 457 so they knew what they were getting so to speak.

I think the bigger the employer the easier it is to get sponsored tbh

Yeah, i think you're right.

The smaller companies will be less likely to sponsor as it could come back to haunt them, so to speak.

I'm going to try and target some bigger companies and see what they say.

I've heard from a few people / sources, that it's fine once your there as there's loads of jobs etc

However, i would be concerned that we went to Oz on a 457 and then suddenly becamse surplus to requirements - leaving us out on our ear, so to speak.

Cheers again

Archived