Brisbane - Ormeau

Katerina

Hi all,my husband had the chance to work in Ormeau and we know nothing about the area! Not sure if we should go for it( we are in Tannum sands at the moment)

Anyone can help me out? Is it a nice safe place? Housing? Schools? Where to live if it's not nice?

Guest Taylor72

Hi Katrina not been on here for a long time :biggrin:. We moved to Ormeau in January of this year and love it. We live on Jacobs ridge and it's a lovely quiet place to live with park areas and cycle/ walking paths and tennis courts. There are local shops just off the estate and a Coles an IGA about five minutes away. There are also primary and high schools very close to the estate and also a private school. It's very central to everything, 10 mins to the theme parks, 30ish mins to Brisbane on the weekends and about 20 mins to the beach. It's a clean estate and very quiet and we love it here.

• 2 months later...
Ormeau is considered to be part of the Gold Coast, as opposed to brisbane. First step would be to Google Ormeau flood map and see which areas are prone to flooding and take it from there.

Hi there we have also just moved to Jacobs Ridge with live in Lynwood avenue been here 3 weeks just trying to get our 14 and 17 yr olds into ormeau woods school and my 11 yr old has just started Norfolk Village .

Where r u guys !

The Polaines

Archived