Submitting 175 app - any last tips please?

AlloVera

Hi all,

I am just awaiting on CPA Australia to assess my skills app & should get this back in the next couple of wks. I have my IELTS certificate with a score of 8s & 9s in each category so 20 pts there, when my skills app comes I should get a further 15 pts for my qualifications & then I will receive 30 points for my age as I am 30. So I think I am all set to meet the pts requirements but I wanted to put a final request out for tips on applying...

I am applying for my boyfriend to come out as my defacto spouse & asks him to get hold of his passport, birth certificate & dates of old tourist visas he had when he was younger. We have lived together for over a year so can get a letter from the landlord or we have a joint bank account so I can ask for statements.

The other main things I have considered are my own passport, birth certificate & funds to pay for the application.

Is there anything else I should be getting ready in the meantime? I plan to apply online but not sure what happens with certifying document & how that works, do you have to send certified photocopies via post after you apply?

Any thoughts are welcome, v excited apply but also very nervous!!

There is a copy of our online checklist in my photo section. Yours migh be different but will give you an idea what you will need.

When applying online - GSM Adelaide accepts colour scans or the original documents(will not need to be certified) - is scans are in B&W they need to be certified. http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration-attachments.htm You have 28 days after you lodge your application to upload your documents.

As for the Defacto status - you will require to provide more than just letter from landlord and joint account details. You will require statory declerations

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/35relationship.htm

Ok thanks, I had a look at the list & I think all is good.

I also read through the proof requirements for my defacto relationship. For the statutory declarations is there a particular form we have to fill in that friends will also complete to vouch that our relationship is genuine & on-going? I couldn't really make out anything explicit that will be good enough proof for the DIAC?

Also, given the 1st July deadline & the surge of applicants is there any cause for concern around their online process failing on the day? Just wondering if a blip like that has happened before when they have changed the rules? Hopefully it's nothing like the shambles that was the Olympic ticket applications process!!

Thanks again.

If you have a look at booklet 1 http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf Although this is the Partner booklet

Pages 39-41 will give you a idea of what type of evidence that DIAC will required you to submit to prove defacto relationship.

As for being a surge of applications - there may be a few more than usual - but there is not going to be hundreds of people all at once. You can fill in the online application form and save it as you go along, going back to it once you get your skills assessment through.

Just had a look at the booklet, thank you. I saw that we need to submit copies of all previous passports as well. I've got both our current & the ones before & can prob track down the one I had when I was a baby but if my OH struggles to get hold of his one from when he was a kid will that matter? His parents moved to Spain 10 years ago which is why I am worried we might not be able to find it?

Just had a look at the booklet, thank you. I saw that we need to submit copies of all previous passports as well. I've got both our current & the ones before & can prob track down the one I had when I was a baby but if my OH struggles to get hold of his one from when he was a kid will that matter? His parents moved to Spain 10 years ago which is why I am worried we might not be able to find it?

You wont need to submit copies of previous passports for GSM visa.

Just look at pages on what evidence to prove defacto partner, to give you an idea on what you will need to provide with your application. You may not need to provide that same amount of evidence as this is for partner visa. But you will require more than just letter from landlord and joint bank accounts.

Hello again. Reading a bit more about statutory declarations... For my skills assessment I had a friend certify as he is a qualified accountant. I've looked at the list of eligible people at the following link

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/_pdf/stat_dec_applicant.pdf

and it says the following are eligible to witness:

Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants or the National Institute of Accountants

I assume because he is a member of the Association of Chartered Management Accountants he is ok to witness?

Archived