Paying for a pool

Fashionably Late

My husband and I are planning on purchasing our first home in Australia within the next few months. The majority we like do not have pools already and we definitely want to have one put in. The question we have is how to pay for it. Is it a matter of saving the cash for the pool or is finance available? We have been pre-approved for the mortgage and a friend said that she was able to have one mortgage that covered the sale of the home (on one sales contract) and the pool quote (on another sales contract) but she was building hers and not buying one already built. Is this possible or do most people just save for the pool?

We were given the option to pay over 3 instalments without any extra charges, the final payment not being handed over until the pool was up and running and we were happy. This seems the norm for most pool companys..

Cal x

Can I be nosy and ask how much you paid and for what size???

Thank you in advance

Can I be nosy and ask how much you paid and for what size???

Thank you in advance

It was 3 or 4 years ago now, but we got a fibreglass inground, 12.5 mth long by 4.3 mtrs wide,& just over 2mtr deep at the deep end. I think it was around $25k fitted, we then paid extra for a larger concrete surrond and fencing , all in it cost around $30k but hubby did fencing himself so no labour costs there.

Cal x

It was 3 or 4 years ago now, but we got a fibreglass inground, 12.5 mth long by 4.3 mtrs wide,& just over 2mtr deep at the deep end. I think it was around $25k fitted, we then paid extra for a larger concrete surrond and fencing , all in it cost around $30k but hubby did fencing himself so no labour costs there.

Cal x

Thanks, sounds fairly reasonable and do able...

We were given the option to pay over 3 instalments without any extra charges, the final payment not being handed over until the pool was up and running and we were happy. This seems the norm for most pool companys..

Cal x

Who fitted your cal.?

Barrier Reef and i would never use them again.

Im going to Cascade Pools next time i think,but first need to research the pros and cons of concrete as i cant fault this fibreglass one..The pics on their website are out of this world and around here we like giving business to other locals where possible.

Cal x

Barrier Reef and i would never use them again.

Im going to Cascade Pools next time i think,but first need to research the pros and cons of concrete as i cant fault this fibreglass one..The pics on their website are out of this world and around here we like giving business to other locals where possible.

Cal x

That's what I like to her cal, keep it in our family. I will be having mine built by our Jason if we get property without one.

Look at the one with the cave on it, all the water comes over the top, this one has a spa, built in side it, this is at one of my family homes, looks great.

Archived