and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest angela bourne

Paramedic positions in Adelaide

Guest angela bourne

I am currently a nurse and my partner is a paramedic in the UK. We are emigrating to Adelaide hopefuly end of 2005, early 2006. I should have no problems in getting a job, but we have found it difficult to get information on paramedic jobs in Adelaide. Any tips?

Thanks, Angela

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

South Australia Ambulance service - http://www.saambulance.com.au is the place he'll need to make contact with , as that's who he will be working for. :wink:

Many organisations like this also advertise in the Saturday newspaper. In Adelaide the paper's called "The Advertiser", and online, the ads can be found here http://www.careerone.com.au

Or of course, http://www.seek.com.au may have positions advertised also.

Guest angela bourne

Thanks for that Mark, I'll check those sites out. Are you emigrating to Oz too or are you already there? :D

No probs. Good luck! Got to help you lovely nurses, never know when we'll be needing you :)

To answer your question.. I'm Aussie, but living in Edinburgh at the moment on working holiday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By KPG
        Hi Guys,
        Well by God's grace things seem to be progressing well and hopefully if we clear our Health Check then we seem to inch closer in acquiring a 489 Visa  and considering it would take 5 to 6 months i.e. May - June we should have our visa in our hand. If things go as per plan then we intend doing our landing in Sept - Oct 2018 but I have many queries on how to go about it? 
        We are a family of 4 (2 children aged 9 and 4)
        which suburb in Adelaide do we decide to live in and what should be the criteria while choosing a suburb ? (close proximity to the city, schools, public transport etc) considering that there wont be any income when we reach, what is the monthly outgoing should we expect? We plan to rent  2 bedroom apartment / house. can my children get admissions in a government school? ( i know it wont be free as I am on a 489 visa) and what would the fee structure be like? (Grade 6 and Grade 1) what is the best way to scout for jobs? appreciate if anyone can share a template of CV's that are normally followed. are rental properties normally furnished or unfurnished?  can we get a short term rental where we can be flexible to move out once we decide on the suburb we want to live in? I would also appreciate any additional info that you think can be useful, like from your own experiences, lessons learnt, do's and don'ts etc.

Thank you.

KPG 
      • By Nia
        Hi All,
        We lodged 489 visa on Sept 04th 2017 for South Australia. A case officer was assigned on Oct 04th asking for PCC. We uploaded all documents on Oct 11. Please help us assess the timeline for grant. Anyone else here applied for 489 visa?
      • By Nia
        Hi All,
        We have just filed for 489 Visa, South Australia On Sept 4, 2017 with 75 points. (Management Consultant Job Code) We are done with our medicals and getting PCC on coming Friday. Any idea about the existing timelines for CO to be assigned. And visa grant timeline? Thanks in advance. Also, I would like to connect with any members on the forum who are already in Adelaide for clarity on certain things like expenses, jobs etc.
      • By Surbello
        Hello everyone, my name is Andreas and this next november-december I am going to travel to Australia. My problem is I do not know where to go. 
        I studied something related with construction and my experience in that area in my opinion is medium. Where I do not have experience is in english language. I have to say that will be a big problem for me at the beginning but I am sure I will solve it quickly because I love english. 
        I am under 30 years old, I like big cities but does not necessary have to be Sydney or Melbourne, I think small city (1M people) can be better to find a room and know the differences little by little between my country and your country. I looked for information about Perth, Adelaide and Canberra. At the end, all the information I have found about them is: it is okay but they are not Sydney or Melbourne... 
        During my Visa time I can move around the country as much as I want, so I prefer arrive in a small city, spend there (2,3,6... months) to speak and understand your language better than the first day and then if I have a good feeling move to Sydney (for example). What is your opinion about my idea? During that first stage I assume I will work in unskilled work, but it is okay for me.
        Now knowing my profile which of those cities I told you before would you live in?

Thank you for your time, sorry for my write mistakes I thank you for your help.

Andreas
      • By deryans
        http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/jobs/premier-admits-sa-has-appalling-reputation-for-unemployment-will-double-down-on-plans-to-create-new-jobs/news-story/4e730f1a9848d2c622e401e08ba316aa
        Nation’s worst: SA jobless rate up again Jobs department faces huge cut Caleb Bond: Worried about your childrens’ future? You should be PREMIER Jay Weatherill has admitted South Australia has an “appalling” reputation across the country, but says he will “double down” on current strategies in the hope of creating new jobs.
        With the state’s jobless rate now at 7.3 per cent and leading the nation by a clear margin, Mr Weatherill on Tuesday warned even more people will “cascade” into the unemployed queue when Holden closes in October while hinting the State Budget will lift debt to fund new infrastructure.
        Mr Weatherill said the economy built by former premier Sir Thomas Playford was “unwinding” and would end “in a very sharp and sudden fashion” when Holden shuts in late October.
        “The truth is that SA’s reputation around the nation is appalling,” Mr Weatherill told an industry lunch.
        “You would hear it, anyone who travels interstate, that we’re the butt of jokes.......