Registering with GP's dentists etc on a 457

Sparnell

Hi All

I'm sure this has been covered before but would appreciate any comments regarding registering with GP's dentists etc.

I am comming over on a 457 with Bupa cover from my company. What exectly can I get regarding scrips and basic GP cover? Also some confusion regarding the reciprical agreement, any clarification would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks in anticipation

You don't have to 'register' with anyone. You can see any GP or dentist you like.

If you're from the UK then you'll be entitled to reciprocal Medicare cover which means that Medicare will contribute to any urgent medical treatment/GP visits you need. You'll usually have to pay a percentage yourself - unless you find a bulk-billing doctor - but that's no different to anyone else living here.

Possibly your health insurance will cover any gap payments - you'd need to check your policy.

Dentists are not covered by Medicare at all. Your health insurance should be covering those costs.

Medicare has nothing to do with scripts either - you'd need to pay whatever charges there are. Again your health insurance might cover some costs.

Archived