Lepto Vaccination

mipi

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help?

We were supposed to be flying one way to Oz next month, but due to our house buyer pulling out, have had to put things on hold. We now need to do a validation trip which we have booked.

As we were flying our dog over we have not vaccinated him against Lepto as advised but now as he needs to be kennelled, our local kennels wont except him as he is not fully vaccinated.

If I was to have him vaccinated now and we were able to move in 5-6 months time, would the Lepto have worn off enough to pass blood tests?

Thanks

Michelle

I would really avoid giving him the lepto vaccination, it has the power to really mess your plans up. I would explain it to the kennels or find a kennels who will take your dog.

Can i check you have done the rabies vaccination and rabies blood sample part as you dont want that going out of date.

Anything else let me know

bob

Guest Longtime Lurker

Is there any chance you can find a dog sitter in your area to have him? They may not be quite so strict on vaccinations as they have so few staying with them usually - I think the one near us has a maximum of three. Unfortunately our dog is too scatty to be able to leave her with a sitter - it would be nice though! Good luck.

Archived