Tra advice sought!!!!

The Adamsons

Could anyone advise me about TRA. I have already posted my application to TRA and they received it on 23 April, I applied as a gas fitter as I have been doing this for the last 12 years. However, I am a mechanical fitter/turner to trade and I am planning to go back to my original trade if/when we get to oz. My question is, will I need a TRA certificate as a Mechanical fitter/turner to work over there or will my TRA certificate (if I get one) as a gas fitter suffice?

Unfortunately your TRA certificate means near on didlly squat over here.

Each state have their own licencing laws, not so much as a fitter ,you should be able to do that from day dot,,,but the gas will require a licence and each state varies in what your required to do, as in night school, day course, etc etc..

What State are you looking at moving to? I will try and find you some more information if i know..

Cal x

Thanks for your reply, we are planning on moving to Perth, there appears to be quite a demand for mechanical fitters there. as far as I can make out I can get my TRA as a gas fitter but as long as I have a PR visa (190) I can do whatever I like when we get there. I'm just making sure there wont be a spanner thrown in the works as I dont really fancy going to college to requalify as a gas fitter.

On a PR visa you can do what you want once your here.

Gasfitters/plumbers and electricians seem hardest hit in the licencing world,, this link 'should' help you get a jist of whats required to work as a Gas fitter in WA - http://www.licensinglinenews.com/Newsletter/Edition-70-August-2009/WA-gas-fitting-training-requirements.aspx

Seek.com should give you a good idea of what work is about and in what areas..

Cal x

Archived